Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mirror's Edge Postmortem

Mirror's Edge interview on Crispy Gamer is a postmortem conversation with producer Tom Farrer of DICE about the critical and retail reception for Mirror's Edge. Topics include the game's mixed critical reception and lukewarm sales, regrets over not placing more emphasis on assisting the player and too much emphasis on not using weapons, the antiseptic aesthetics of their city, the 2D cutscenes, and more. In conclusion, the question comes about whether we'll see a sequel: "We'll see. Keep your fingers crossed, mate."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Mirror's Edge Postmortem Dec 13, 2008, 14:01 CreamyBlood

Aren't you supposed to wait until southing's dead before doing a post mortem on it?

These come out so quick. I didn't know this was out, didn't know what it was about and it's already being dissected by it's creator. Shit, maybe they should give it a chance. I might buy it in a year when I know what it's about.

I could go goolge Mirrors Edge (I somehow thought it was a Bioware RPG), but knowing nothing about the game, the gist that I got out of it was that he should have made it dumber.

And he's probably right. Maybe they should put stickers on games. 'I think I have a Brain', and 'I have don't want no brain'.

And developers should create games for the target audience, stupid people and the rest of us instead of trying to please both, because it will never work.

Go all the way and make your game half cerebral, or give me something mindless. Otherwise you confuse everyone. Including me.

I think.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Mirror's Edge Postmortem Dec 13, 2008, 12:13 Soylent Bob

"First person sucks for cliff jumping"- easiest post mortem ever.  

5. Re: Mirror's Edge Postmortem Dec 13, 2008, 10:19 TangoBaker

It seems that the main job skill required to be a game producer is the ability to take all the data, evaluate it, step back and make the stupidest decision possible.

4. Re: Mirror's Edge Postmortem Dec 13, 2008, 04:28 Flo

I really enjoyed the demo on the 360 and didn't have any problems with the controls. I ran through the demo without dying more than 1 or 2 times.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

3. Re: Mirror's Edge Postmortem Dec 13, 2008, 01:54 Fuzzmatang

Yeah they should focus on free-running parkour aspect rather than trying to pander to the FPS crowd. The weapons should be melee (like Chronicles of Riddick/ Dark Messiah of Might and Magic) since you can still accentuate the in-character body movement that way.

Also, like Yahtzee said in his ZP review, don't put in those stupid tight corridors/subways which take away the "free" from free-running.

2. Re: Mirror's Edge Postmortem Dec 12, 2008, 23:31 Jerykk

Yeah, most of the complaints I've read revolve around being forced into combat.  

1. Re: Mirror's Edge Postmortem Dec 12, 2008, 23:12 ViRGE

too much emphasis on not using weapons
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people hate using weapons?

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo