Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Interview

The F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin interview on Crispy Gamer talks with Monolith designer Craig Hubbard about their upcoming horror-themed shooter sequel, digging into the topic of creating a scary computer game. They focus a bit on the character of Alma, and the elements that can make a young girl so frightening, with Hubbard freely admitting taking some inspiration from the character in The Ring, or more specifically Ringu, the Japanese horror movie from which The Ring was adapted. As Craig says: "There is an unknowable quality in a child, in any person; but especially in a child. I'm not as scared when it's a male ghost. I look at Freddy Kruger, and I get why he's interesting. I like him. He's cool, but he doesn't scare me. I think, 'Okay, I can fight that.'"

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Interview Dec 12, 2008, 09:14 dryden555

The level design in the first one was so poor though. Utterly generic in every possible way. Its like they asked the summer intern to create the levels while the fulltimers went out for pizza. Memorably the worst level design I have seen in a major release shooter in several years.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Heh Dec 11, 2008, 22:46 Jerykk

Yeah, FEAR was extremely derivative of Asian horror films. That said, I still enjoyed and found the story more interesting than most other game stories. With the removal of regenerating health, I'm looking forward to FEAR 2, even though PC isn't the lead SKU this time.  

2. Heh Dec 11, 2008, 20:18 Creston

SOME inspiration? Okay Monolith...

Creston

1. Re: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Interview Dec 11, 2008, 19:14 Caveman

I can't wait for this game.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo