Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix

Valve announces that a server-side anti-cheating fix has been applied to curtail the rampant cheating in the Xbox 360 edition of Left 4 Dead: "Valve has released a server-side fix to deny the recently reported cheats on all dedicated Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 servers. The fix is designed to halt the cheating behavior on the dedicated servers, which accounts for the majority of the co-op and Versus modes of play. A title update for those playing on user-hosted servers and/or via system link will be released in the coming days."

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 11, 2008, 18:09 Kxmode

Console gamers cheat because they're unstable.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 11, 2008, 10:41 Muscular Beaver

How did I help them? I never developed a hack or something. I actually was banned from steam for using it. So I might actually helped the development of VAC..

Anyway, if youre so concerned about a hacker that used a cheat 4 years ago for like 2 weeks, you can help me by sending a gun so I can kill myself. Hows that sound?

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

25. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 11, 2008, 09:15 Cock A Doodle Do

Do people actually ignore them now or do they think that there are no cheaters anymore?
I talked to some people and they said that there are not many cheaters anymore. Funny though, I see as many as before, they just have learned to conceal it better, of course. Since years ago I used cheats for a short time too, I know what to look for.

You fucking hacking bitch. It's people like you that make online games unbearable and worthless. Whether you cheated years ago or today, you have successfully helped the cheating community.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2008, 09:16.

24. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 11, 2008, 04:55 Muscular Beaver

I've been playing some Source mods for some time now and have noticed there are a lot of cheaters. The funny thing though is that nobody complains about them anymore. Only when some idiot pops up who does it openly (like a speedhack or other very obvious stuff) people start to cry, but even then most of them just keep playing as if they were bots.

Do people actually ignore them now or do they think that there are no cheaters anymore?
I talked to some people and they said that there are not many cheaters anymore. Funny though, I see as many as before, they just have learned to conceal it better, of course. Since years ago I used cheats for a short time too, I know what to look for.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2008, 04:56.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

23. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 22:12 Narf2029

I think analogue stick turning in console shooters is more pathetic, really.

No shit. My buddy insisted he was better with a 360 controller than a mouse and keyboard... after a week of getting killed from behind because he turned like a hand-cranked tank turret, he finally went back to the mouse. Not to mention how every round he'd kill less than half the regular zombies of the 3rd-ranked survivor (a BOT), but mysteriously jumped to 2nd with the mouse. Not having the typical console autoaiming must have made it damn hard to shoot!

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

22. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 18:59 Bone43

Fucking PC elitists are so pathetic.

Drain dead console fags that play shallow no brainer games are so much better.

Fuck consoles!

21. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 18:48 Zzet

I think analogue stick turning in console shooters is more pathetic, really.

20. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 18:40 the_culture

Flamethrower Caveman Rifle

I own a Wii, PC, 360, and PS3. I just happen to love the PC and PS3 the most.

19. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 17:57 Asmodai

This news just in, one of the major XBox360 hacks has just been caught and disabled.

Apparently, every FPS on the console has a built in aimbot. X D

18. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 17:22 Techie714

@Dagok

Thanks for that update I'll be on tonight (Dead Shot)

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

17. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 17:10 Krovven

And of course, they're unable to fix the cheating on the pc.

They have already fixed several cheats on the PC, so your comment is a load of bullshit.

16. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 17:07 Krovven

What cheating? I've played a few games on the 360 demo, and didn't notice any cheats

Yea cus the demo a few weeks back would be a good indication...you don't think people have figured things out in the last 3 weeks?

Video here...

http://kotaku.com/5106048/left-4-dead-xbox-360-hacks-to-ruin-everything

15. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 17:06 Krovven

Speaking of L4D anyone playing in the Blues group? I tried getting in a few nights back but its always filled up. Now I don't see the group any longer?

I just restarted the server, should be working now. If anyone notices a problem with it, please message me on Steam, or if it's during the day, posting in the OoTB I may see it there.

Not sure how it got that way as its set for dynamic game control, but the server was on a VS map, but had a max of 4 players. That hasn't happened since the first week when I figured out what caused it.

14. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 16:47 Wowbagger_TIP

And of course, they're unable to fix the cheating on the pc. They should just rename the pc as the Cheatbox386.
Like any other online game, the only solution is to find servers with good admins. Tougher for this game given the limited number of players per server, but I don't see any other way. All online games are like this.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

13. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 16:45 Steele Johnson

And of course, they're unable to fix the cheating on the pc. They should just rename the pc to Cheatbox386.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2008, 16:46.

12. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 16:43 Wowbagger_TIP

I think my problem with Versus is the way it plays--if I want to play against people I prefer TF2.

I'm having a blast with Versus. Playing as infected is just fun as hell The hunter seems really limited at first, just jump on someone and wait for the shotgun blast to the head. But once you figure out how they're able to walljump like crazy, you can pull off some pretty awesome attacks. I've had some hunters come after me and they were jumping so well I couldn't track them quick enough to blast them.

Smoker is much more of a tactical unit. Need to learn to spot good places to attack from, and more importantly when to attack for the best effect, like when the survivors are dropping down into a lower area, you may be able to grab the last one before they go down, and then the others may not be able to get back to save them in time. Or sometimes you can pull them down from a low roof and such, so that they have to go all the way back up, and usually the others have to come back down, buying more time for your team to wear them down.

The Boomer is pretty much just a quick surprise attacker. Too loud to sneak up, your best bet is to wait for hunters or tank to be a distraction to let you get close without being spotted, or just pick a good spawn spot that will let you spew them quickly before you get blasted.

The Tank is just fun. The only problem is that you're a bit slow, so you need to corner your prey before they strafe you into oblivion. Throwing large objects (e.g. cars) is often your best bet to incapacitate people quickly.

Finally there's the learning curve of how to work together well as infected. Attacking individually is usually not very effective. Having a Boomer or Tank to cause a lot of distraction will usually give the others openings to attack, and hopefully be able to each take out at least one survivor. This is the deepest part of the gameplay really. Gotta learn to work together to make your attacks count.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2008, 16:45.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

11. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 16:43 The Raven

What cheating? I've played a few games on the 360 demo, and didn't notice any cheats... most of my time has been on the full version on the PC though.  

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven

10. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 16:32 Bucky

Speaking of L4D anyone playing in the Blues group? I tried getting in a few nights back but its always filled up. Now I don't see the group any longer?

I played for a couple of hours last night. I finally tried out Versus, though I'm more partial to the normal campaign mode. Of course, my weapon preference has steadily changed, so my gameplay preference may change too.

I think my problem with Versus is the way it plays--if I want to play against people I prefer TF2.

9. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 16:26 DangerDog

Console cheaters never prosper; they just migrate back to the PC.  

8. Re: Left 4 Dead 360 Cheating Fix Dec 10, 2008, 16:24 Techie714

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo