Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Dual Spec Plans

The World of Warcraft Forums indicate Blizzard is looking to add a dual spec capability in the next content patch. Here's word from Blizzard poster Ghostcrawler: "The idea is to let you swap glyphs and action bars along with your talents. It will be trivial to do in town. You will also be able to do it out of towns, but not as trivially. We hope to have this done for the next major content patch, but it's a big feature and takes some time." Thanks Eurogamer.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 11, 2008, 20:22 Kxmode

The phased instancing that they do is absolutely amazing. Dragonblight and Icecrown are lore-central and actually move the story forward for a change.

Don't forget about Stormpeaks!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 21:21 Frijoles

I caved over the weekend after watching the GameTrailers video review and bought WoTLK... *snip* I haven't regretted it yet.

You won't regret it if you enjoy MMOs. Wrath has got to be the best expansion I've ever seen in an MMO. The phased instancing that they do is absolutely amazing. Dragonblight and Icecrown are lore-central and actually move the story forward for a change. I've been staying up way too late these last few nights since hitting Icecrown. Just one more quest. Gotta see what comes next!

Dual spec will be awesome. It'll be much easier to find tanks/healers since they won't have to respec just for a single raid.

12. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 17:49 The Raven

Dual spec makes it less expensive to do two things. Right now, you can be good at (specced for) PvP, raiding, or 5man/solo content. Pick one. Classes with multiple roles have it even worse... they literally can't even play if they aren't specced for their role. Questing as a holy priest is mind-numbingly boring.

So I'm all for this. It does not make raiding any easier, or reduce the skill needed to PvP effectively. It just lets people try different things without spending 50 gold and 2 or 3 glyphs to help out in a raid or go to the arenas for the weekend.

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven

11. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 16:47 Kxmode

I think they are taking this "hold our player's hands" concept a little too far. *MMOs are carebear nowadays*

If you can run through all four wings of 25-man Naxxramas without wiping then you can make that claim... otherwise STFU.

10. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 15:03 Krovven

I think they are taking this "hold our player's hands" concept a little too far. *MMOs are carebear nowadays*

Whatever. WoW was always designed to be accessible by people, but even still the shear amount of content, things to learn and do is very daunting. Considering the #1 complaint about MMO's is the "time sink" aspect of many mechanics, if they can save people time by streamlining procedures so people can enjoy the game instead of micro-managing, then I'm all for it. Anyone that doesn't get that has far too much time on their hands to sit around messing with their Talent trees and character setup.

9. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 14:55 JohnBirshire

Maybe for their next project they should add "runes or glyphs" that let you change class at anytime as well.

8. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 13:45 Kxmode

I'm looking forward to this. I always wanted a pure PVP spec and pure raiding spec. Now this makes it easy to switch back and forth as needed. Thanks Bliz.  

7. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 12:37 Krovven

I hadn't played WoW since June/July '07. I caved over the weekend after watching the GameTrailers video review and bought WoTLK...as if I didn't have enough to play already!

I haven't regretted it yet. The Death Knight is a lot of fun to play, so far the only down-side is that the DK starting area was too short, which is unfortunate because it was so well done. I do like how you finish the area being 58, or almost 58, which leads you straight into Burning Crusade content allowing you to skip all of the classic WoW content (assuming of course you already have a lvl 55+ that has gone through all the content). 7 or 8 more levels of BC content and I can move to Northrend.

6. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 12:27 JohnBirshire

Deathknights?

So how long until server population is like 50% Deathknight, then 50% Rogue, Mage, Warrior, Priest, Hunter, Shaman, Paladin, Druid, Warlock?

I still can't comprehend why they added one new class in 2 expansions.

5. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 12:22 osage no onna

DKs are a bit ahead of the curve especially in their 60's, which is intentional in order to facilitate getting through the Outlands and into Northrend faster. It does level out the higher they get, and at 80 they're really not that much of a problem.  

4. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 11:04 sc4r4b

I can not wait for this patch...

DK's are far from OP. I have been in BGs with my DPS classes and have managed take them down with. The unholy spec DKs suck cause you have to kill them twice or just vanish.

In the end it really comes down to who is the better player.

3. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 11:02 Sencho

Deathknights = overpowered. I quit.
Unlike warlocks being overpowered, hunters being overpowered, etc. I wish I'd been a psychologist so I can study this 'class envy' that's endemic to the game. Gotta be worth a PhD and a couple of published papers.

2. Re: WoW Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 10:49 Cock A Doodle Do

Deathknights = overpowered. I quit.  

1. Re: War Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 09:14 Grooves

Since when is WoW called WAR?

WARHAMMER ONLINE is called WAR.

World of Warcraft is called WOW.

It's misleading.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >