Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Do Gamers Dream of 3D Sheep?

The 3D Entertainment Summit is currently underway in Los Angeles, here's hoping Dr. Tongue is somehow involved. No summit is worth its salt without some news, so here are a couple of tidbits: Darkworks signs 3D technology deal with Trioviz has word of a licensing deal between developer Darkworks (Cold Fear) to use Trioviz 3D technology "in titles for PCs and consoles." Trioviz has tech to use special glasses to enable 3D on standard televisions, and the announcement quotes Darkworks development manager Alexis Arragon saying, "This technology allows us to provide an incredible 3D gaming experience on existing CRT, Plasma and LCD TVs." He goes on to enthusiastically say: "We're excited about the possibilities and opportunities that this will open up for us as game developers for consumers to enjoy. Full 3D gaming is the next revolution in videogames. Consumers will be amazed at the depth of experience that we can provide with this technology." Word is an SDK is in the works to further promote this technology. In other 3D-related news Gamasutra says UK-based console developer Blitz Games Studios has unveiled proprietary technology to enable stereoscopic 3D in Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 games. They claim this can "replicate the full HD 3D experience" from 3D theaters, and they quote Blitz Games co-founder Andrew Oliver saying that 3D games will be "even more immersive" than existing titles after the industry learns to overcome design issues associated with using 3D. Blitz also claims games using this tech can run in either 2D or 3D in a single version by "simply flicking a switch," but rather than special glasses, this seems geared towards 3D monitors, as they also paraphrase Oliver saying that 3D-capable television sets are likely to gain in popularity as more content for them becomes available.

View
2. Re: Bring on the 3D monitors Dec 1, 2008, 16:26 4D-Boxing

I thought they where already released as well...I can't remeber the brand or model but I'm prety sure that at least one model is available right now.

I think it was something like a 20 or 22 widescreen. Anyways it all depends on the quality of the title etc... I know you guys want to see Captain Eo in #D at home. ..sorry just had to

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 1, 14:46 Bring on the 3D monitors Wildone
>> 2. Dec 1, 16:26  Re: Bring on the 3D monitors 4D-Boxing
  3. Dec 1, 18:08  Re: Bring on the 3D monitors Cutter
  4. Dec 1, 19:21   Re: Bring on the 3D monitors rist3903

footer

Blue's News logo