Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 30, 2008, 19:47 Charlie_Six

Ironically blacks play a major role in the GTA games I've played. And it's no coincidence that black Americans and black countries have very high crime rates compared to non-black societies. Perhaps you are race blind, but it is highly unlikely the creators of GTA are as well.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 30, 2008, 19:42 Charlie_Six

I never said it's OK to be discriminatory. I asked how a cultural product can possibly be marketed equally to every single group in existence. I don't know how anyone in their right mind can visit websites like Entertainment Weekly or watch shows like Entertainment Tonight and honestly believe they are not marketed towards whites.

There is a term in marketing schools called "target demographic." Is it OK or not OK to have a target demographic?

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 30, 2008, 14:02 CrimsonPaw

I guess we'll have to wait for the games Rap Band or Hip Hop Hero to make their debut for everything to balance out. This argument is just dumb, I could give a shit less what "color" the main person is in my game. I enjoyed playing San Andreas as much, if not more, than playing Vice City and it didn't have a fucking thing to due with the color of the main character.  
~~Crim~~

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 30, 2008, 11:05 MrBone

ah, so it is okay to be discriminatory about this due to your logic, eh? haha, no wonder we are so screwed up. all hail Charlie Six!  

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 30, 2008, 06:26 The Half Elf

Thank god for Fable 1 and 2, leading the bi-sexual revolution lol.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 29, 2008, 19:28 Charlie_Six

I'm not sure what I think of "Black College Football Experience." I don't think it's right to discriminate against people's race, but discrimination of cultural tastes is fully accepted and encouraged, and it's next to impossible to separate race and culture... so where does that leave us?

For example, for all intents and purposes, the Rock Band video games are "White Music Experience" games. I've played Rock Band 1 extensively and did not notice a single non-white singer amongst the default tracks nor the DLC tracks. I did notice a fairly large thread on the Rock Band forums regarding how non-white Rock Music (ex: Latin American and Japanese rock music) were not "real" rock music and therefore shouldn't be allowed onto Rock Band DLC, though. In America, "rock music" is considered "white music" just as country music is. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess what ethnic group is associated with jazz, hip-hop, and rap.

And in light of the recent passing of Proposition 8 in California, I haven't seen any video games that say "Heterosexual Adventure Experience", but I think we all know that 99.9% of games are oriented towards heterosexuals, whether or not it says so in the title.

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 29, 2008, 18:29 beigemore

I'm still waiting for White College Football Experience.

Seriously.. wtf..

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo