Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mac Geneforge 5 and Demo Released

Spiderweb Software now offers Geneforge 5: Overthrow for the Macintosh, as well as a playable demo for the MacOS edition of this RPG sequel, saying: "At last, the epic Geneforge saga comes to a conclusion. The rebellion has brought Terrestia to the brink of ruin. Will you crush the rebels, or will you help them to win their final victory? Achieve your goals with cunning, diplomacy, or your own horde of custom-made, mutant monsters." Word is the Windows edition will be released in March, 2009. Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Mac Geneforge 5 and Demo Released Nov 25, 2008, 16:12 Hazard

The mac is good in desktop publishing and to vomit on.

Macs are great machines. There is something to be said for one company to have control over both hardware and software. And this "desktop publishing" argument hasn't been true since the 90s.

I use a Mac as my main machine (running Windows via Bootcamp/VMWare when needed). I originally bought it to have the *option* to run MacOS for development, but I quickly switched to MacOS as my primary operating system. A lot of things are very well thought out on the Mac - application and window management are just two examples. Apple has some great engineers and obviously uses them a lot more efficiently than MS.

So don't dis my mac, bro!

But I do agree that for someone who primarily plays games MacOS is not the right choice.

The hardware still rocks, though - even with Windows

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2008, 16:13.

Fully automatic backups with Ocster Backup Pro 3
http://www.ocster.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Mac Geneforge 5 and Demo Released Nov 25, 2008, 14:48 Kash

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this RPG has some very redeeming qualities, and some deep, involving storyline, but the majority of people who view this story are going to jump straight to screenshots, think "WOW, MAC GAMES R TEH SUX", and never look back.
I remember the story coming through about Aspyr releasing the Mac CoD4, and also a story about CoD4 and WoW being used as benchmarks for the new Macbooks. Not sure what else you want.

Also, Spiderweb's games are AWESOME. I've bought and played them all; they are very retro in terms of graphics but the game mechanics and stories all compete very favorably with some of the best old school PC RPGs. They're not being built for the screenshot monkeys, and I think that's fine.

Ironically, I don't even have a Mac, so I always have to wait until the Windows versions come out.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2008, 14:48.

5. Re: Mac Geneforge 5 and Demo Released Nov 25, 2008, 09:39 nin

Where's the "Mac OS X Call of Duty 4 benchmarked, outperforms XP version" or "Unreal Tournament 3 OS X dated, tomorrow" kind of posts?

Did you send those to him?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Mac Geneforge 5 and Demo Released Nov 25, 2008, 09:33 strich

Mac has plenty of good games and it's not just for desktop publishing. i wish that default answer would quit being used every time a mac purpose comes up. yes, the amount of games made for a mac are minuscule compared to a pc, but the list is growing and I for one, am glad Blue posts about them.  

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

3. Re: Mac Geneforge 5 and Demo Released Nov 25, 2008, 07:58 tuddies

I think everyone on here will agree that you don't use a mac for games. There is nothing Blue can post that can change that fact, game sprockets be dammned!

The mac is good in desktop publishing and to vomit on.

2. Re: Mac Geneforge 5 and Demo Released Nov 25, 2008, 05:11 Fuzzmatang

I think he likes Spiderweb games? He usually makes a newspost on their stuff. Or maybe because no one else reports on those other than Mac enthusiast sites?

If you prefer gameplay over graphics, the Geneforge and Avernum games are pretty good.

1. Re: Mac Geneforge 5 and Demo Released Nov 25, 2008, 04:32 t3rminus

Why does Blue's News seem intent on perpetuating the idea that Mac games are stuck in 1995?

Where's the "Mac OS X Call of Duty 4 benchmarked, outperforms XP version" or "Unreal Tournament 3 OS X dated, tomorrow" kind of posts?

Instead we get some dated-looking RPG.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this RPG has some very redeeming qualities, and some deep, involving storyline, but the majority of people who view this story are going to jump straight to screenshots, think "WOW, MAC GAMES R TEH SUX", and never look back.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo