Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free

Steam now offers pre-purchase of their digital distributed edition of Grand Theft Auto IV for Windows. Those willing to part with their cash in advance of the release of the game will be rewarded with a free copy of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to play right now.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 23, 2008, 10:42 subx

Personally I like the effort that goes into the packaging for the GTA games, but I imagine most people could care less about the box!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 23, 2008, 04:36 CreamyBlood

My first hit was Quantum Field Theory.  

26. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 23, 2008, 03:26 Rigs

Actually, when I looked it up in Google (which is the first thing I did - I'm getting old not stupid), the first thing that came up stated that 'QFT' meant 'quit f*cking talking'...but I had a feeling that wasn't what was implied...at least I hoped it wasn't...

Then again, with the boards around here, you never can be too sure...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2008, 03:28.

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

25. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 23, 2008, 02:31 PHJF

Are you too old for google because it's the first hit.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

24. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 23, 2008, 00:15 Rigs

If you are asking what 'QFT' means then it's 'quoted for truth'. It's quite common.

So basically it's a newer version of 'Word up, dawg!', right?

First time I've ever heard (err, seen) it. Then again, it took me the better part of two weeks to figure out what FTW meant...yes, I'm getting too old for this sh*t...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2008, 00:18.

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

23. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 22:11 theyarecomingforyou

Sorry, my leet speak translator service contract ran out last month. Care to manually translate for me instead?
If you are asking what 'QFT' means then it's 'quoted for truth'. It's quite common.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2008, 22:11.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

22. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Nov 22, 2008, 17:59 xXBatmanXx

Andreas had the whole exploration vibe, and each little city was like a new game in itself.

If you never played past Compton, you missed out. That "gangsta" shit is only at the very beginning and end of the game... for the most part.

yup. fun game. I built up my dude a ton at the beginning, and was concerned with block turf - eh - f that - doesn't matter later.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 17:37 Rigs

QFT

?

Sorry, my leet speak translator service contract ran out last month. Care to manually translate for me instead?

=-Rigs-=

20. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 15:27 theyarecomingforyou

I bought the GTA pack on Steam a while back and loved Vice City. However, I never got into GTA3 (with the hilarious physics) or San Andreas (tedious skill building and crap plot).  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

19. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 14:49 Ecthelion

I actually played SA before VC, and it was my first 3D GTA game. I like them both, but I think I prefer the large environment of SA. As far as the story goes, I like most of the missions for both (my favorite is probably the one in SA where you can run over redneck weed farmers with a combine), although it seems like VC has more missions that are frustratingly hard.

What I don't get is how people identify with VC better because of the environment... is everyone on here closet druglords with mafia connections? For me, both games are very over-the-top, and as a white Caucasian male I don't identify with Tommy any more than I do CJ.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2008, 14:50.

18. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 13:23 PHJF

Andreas had the whole exploration vibe, and each little city was like a new game in itself.

If you never played past Compton, you missed out. That "gangsta" shit is only at the very beginning and end of the game... for the most part.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 12:08 Narf2029

It's Amazon UK, for 20 pounds. No such luck here in the States that I'm aware of.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

16. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 12:07 dryden555

i played GTA4 on the 360 and its good but not great. Surprisingly devoid of content outside of the main story. YMMV but I'm not sure its worth full retail price  

15. Sounds better than it is... Nov 22, 2008, 11:50 JohnBirshire

I saw Vice City for the PC on a Wal-Mart game clearance rack for $3.  

14. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 10:53 Fion

Definitely a better soundtrack. I actually listen to FLASH FM on my mp3 player in the car sometimes. It's just funny as hell and the songs rock. 'Course each to their own, I'm an 80's kid. Brings back many, many memories...

QFT

GenX FTW

13. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 10:51 Fion

Where exactly is Amazon selling L4D for $20? Besides used copies?

I buy the majority of my games through Steam for many more reasons then the price, which is usually about the same as most places. I buy through them for convenience, auto-patching, community, being able to simply and easily hook up with friends and play a round, for being able to get a game at midnight without running out to a Gamestop in freezing rain at 2am to do the same, and more.

IMHO steam is a fantastic service and far, far better then any similar competition. I'll absolutely be picking this up on Steam and am very happy to see it comes with Vice City as well. San Andreas may have much more modern features but gameplay wise it blew in comparison.

12. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 10:38 Mac

You can pre-order it for 19.99 on the PC - as with most things on Steam - just a rip off!!!

Look at Left 4 Dead ... some 30 on Steam after tax, and Amazon selling for 19.99.

11. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 07:05 Rigs

Because Vice City is a better game?

Definitely a better soundtrack. I actually listen to FLASH FM on my mp3 player in the car sometimes. It's just funny as hell and the songs rock. 'Course each to their own, I'm an 80's kid. Brings back many, many memories...

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 06:18 Mostly_Harmless

As much as I like Steam, The only games worth buying on there at the moment are the reduced older titles and the weekend bargains (HL is 98c this weekend). Buying full priced games on there is just too expensive, especially some third party titles, I paid exactly half the price at retail for COD4 than it would have cost on Steam.  

9. Re: Pre-purchase GTA4, Get GTA Vice City Free Nov 22, 2008, 06:00 Dmitri_M

I can't imagine a reason to get GTA4 on the PC

I'll be getting it.

I'm a PC gamer. I don't own a console.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2008, 06:03.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo