Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New NVIDIA Reference Drivers

New WHQL-certified version 180.48 reference drivers are now available for GeForce 200-series, 9-series, and 8800-series desktop GPUs. This official release of their "Big Bang II" drivers claim impressive performance improvements for a variety of games. There are drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, 64-bit Windows XP, and 64-bit Windows Vista. Thanks Mike Martinez and FiringSquad.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 22, 2008, 23:49 Zuckuss

Not too bad so far.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 20, 2008, 11:20 zirik

All the cards that are supported by this driver support PhysX via CUDA. Get your facts straight.

uhh... read the release notes. series 8 cards with less than 256mb ram are not supported by physx on CUDA.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2008, 11:25.

44. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 20, 2008, 05:18 Bludd

yeah actually i am testing a 40gb SSD. thats why i was complaining of the bloated driver package. they could provide a separate installer without physx since not all video cards support it. but thanks for assuming i had no motive for my post.

All the cards that are supported by this driver support PhysX via CUDA. Get your facts straight.

43. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 20, 2008, 02:24 OpticNerve

I thought it was by burning it with fire?

I say we try that.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

42. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 20, 2008, 00:28 Jerykk

You guys realize that the best way to get rid of a troll is to ignore him/her/it, right?  

41. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 20, 2008, 00:06 zirik

You're getting PhysX for the cost of 40MB. Poor, poor you!

If you're paying per MB then ok, you have a point. If you have an at all sensible connection and the sort of hard drive space that would typically be in a system with a PhysX capable card, is this really a problem?

yeah actually i am testing a 40gb SSD. thats why i was complaining of the bloated driver package. they could provide a separate installer without physx since not all video cards support it. but thanks for assuming i had no motive for my post.

40. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 20, 2008, 00:02 zirik

37 comments, I thought wow these drivers must be the shit. Or suck ass enough to cause such an outcry.

actually the installation of the drivers are shit. read the release notes for vista. the very first on the list is explaining how the installation gives a false message in the end of the procedure. at least nvidia acknowledges that its a fuckup.

39. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 23:12 Krovven

and coming FLAT OUT and proclaiming "I'll never do something"

I caved and bought a video game I wanted to play. Dear god what have I done? Will the world ever be the same?

You told Blue you'd stop harassing people. Yet day in day out you are still doing it and still getting your posts removed. Worry about keeping your own promises, especially when they effect others. And stop worrying about my game purchases, when they have zero effect on anyone else.

And I was honestly thinking about deleting the NoDRM link the other day, seeing as the group isn't growing, which means people aren't going to care about this until they've lost access to something they purchased. But now, I'm just going to leave it there to spite you.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2008, 23:14.

38. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 22:42 pacbowl

37 comments, I thought wow these drivers must be the shit. Or suck ass enough to cause such an outcry.

Then I come in to find out it's only a dick swinging contest. For shame.

Well at least it's good to know about the left4dead issue.

37. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 22:16 Jeraxle

Wow, how many usernames do you have on here Dagok? Jeraxle? That's a new one...

Also, this is coming from the guy with a sign on date of Oct 17, 2008, 00:00?

If you'll take a moment and check, I've been registered with the Bluesnews forums almost 3 years longer than Dagok.

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

36. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 22:13 Jeraxle

Actually no. Dagok and I are two separate people. I don't speak very often but do when it's needed.

Edit: In fact, I don't even know Dagok, but I've read his posts.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2008, 22:13.

35. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 22:07 Buckle Down

34. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 21:59 Jeraxle

I'm seriously not even flaming you this time.

Fooled me.

Let me clarify then. The problem people have with you first off, is you come off like a real asshole 95% of the time. I'm being serious. Same thing with theyarecomingforyou and batman. You guys are combative and arrogant, and people generally don't like that. When I come off as an asshole, I'm doing it on purpose, and I'm not really like that. But you? I think that's just who you are, and you do it so effortlessly. The same thing with theyarecomingforyou, which is why I'm really not surprised you two are friends at all. theyarecomingforyou is an asshole; you should see all the stupid shit he posts in the Steam forums.

Arrogant? Me thinks you need to re-read what you wrote. What part of your statements were *not* arrogant in and of themselves?

People hate arrogance, and they hate hostility and stupidity, and you are LOADED with all those things buddy.

Hello Pot, this is Kettle...

But they aren't SO opposed to it that it's in their signature! Why can't you see that putting contradictory things in your signature makes you look like a real fucking retard? People take one look at your signature and they think "is this guy fucking stupid...Far Cry 2 has DRM in it...WTF??". It shows a real lack of common sense on your part.

Dude, it's a signature. On top of that, it's a signature about gaming... Does it get any more trivial than that?

All that being said, I'll leave you to your delusions.

33. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 21:38 the_culture

Time to grab the popcorn. This is better than TO vs. "the world".  

32. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 21:33 Buckle Down

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 19, 2008, 23:42.

31. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 21:27 the_culture

Dont get these drivers if you want to play Left 4 Dead!! They also caused an insane amount of sound looping crashes for me.

Thanks for the warning! I had the same problem with the beta drivers and was wondering if the issue had been fixed. Boo.

This must be sporadic. I had that issue with the betas but this WHQL release has been flawless with Left 4 Dead.

30. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 21:11 Krovven

I briefly joined the NoDRM group but quit when I bought Far Cry 2 and removed the link from my sig. Dagok should really do the same...

I really don't see why it's a problem for some people. There are a lot of things in this world that people are opposed to, but still partake in. People on this forum are opposed to Steam...yet they still have and use it because it has games they wanted to play.

We are talking about a video game here, not clubbing baby seals. I mean really, of all the things in this world...you are concerned about me having NoDRM in my sig because I bought FarCry 2?

Others (not referring to Quboid), just need to get a life. We've heard you. It's time to get over it already. Over the years, you've harassed xXBatmanXx, Creston, Ray Marden, Theyarecomingforyou and who knows who else for periods of time. Does acting like this really get you off?

29. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 20:31 Caveman

Funny words coming from the kid that pirates all his games, then complains about copy protection. You're going down.

Sure.

28. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 20:27 Buckle Down

idiot

Funny words coming from the kid that pirates all his games, then complains about copy protection. You're going down.

27. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 19, 2008, 20:20 Caveman

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 19, 2008, 21:00.

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo