Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor

Updates to the PC section of the Grand Theft Auto IV Website offer some new information about the upcoming Windows edition of Rockstar's open-world action sequel, including word that the game will be released on December 3 in Europe, while it is still due on December 2 in North America. There is also a feature on the video editor in the PC edition, describing how you can splice together in-game movies, add titles, transitions, and music for your own feature films. They show off the power of the editor with some sample machinima movies set in Liberty City, showing off such diverse activities as driving, bowling, shooting, and spying on girls. The clips are linked to the Rockstar Games: Social Club TV, which is where gamers will be able to upload their own clips and view other player's movies.

View
10. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 15:48 Aero

I've been told, as a general rule of thumb, that you can expect to get about twice the performance for a given set of otherwise equal hardware developing for a fixed platform.

I suspect that most of the improvements to GTA4 relative to the console version will be a result of the significantly greater amount of both system and graphics memory on even mid-range systems, though PC system memory is significantly slower than that on the consoles. PC graphics memory throughput is of course many times faster than the consoles'.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. Naturally, they could also totally stuff the conversion, which wouldn't help anything.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to it. I have never even seen it on the consoles.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 19, 09:40 Re: Cool! Techie714
  2. Nov 19, 09:50  Re: Cool! Joss
  3. Nov 19, 10:23 Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Hump
  4. Nov 19, 10:27  Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor J
  5. Nov 19, 10:59   Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor kimbambaman
  6. Nov 19, 11:53    Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Krovven
  7. Nov 19, 13:52 Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor DangerDog
  12. Nov 19, 19:57  Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Starang
  13. Nov 19, 20:25   Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Caveman
  14. Nov 19, 23:27    Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Fion