Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor

Updates to the PC section of the Grand Theft Auto IV Website offer some new information about the upcoming Windows edition of Rockstar's open-world action sequel, including word that the game will be released on December 3 in Europe, while it is still due on December 2 in North America. There is also a feature on the video editor in the PC edition, describing how you can splice together in-game movies, add titles, transitions, and music for your own feature films. They show off the power of the editor with some sample machinima movies set in Liberty City, showing off such diverse activities as driving, bowling, shooting, and spying on girls. The clips are linked to the Rockstar Games: Social Club TV, which is where gamers will be able to upload their own clips and view other player's movies.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Nov 20, 2008, 10:06 nin

#7 Not sure how accurate this information is, it's from the back cover. http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainment/MM/LB/882493_GS_L_B.jpg

OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Initial activation requires internet connection. Online play requires log-in to Games for windows LIVE(tm), and Rockstar games Social Club (18+ to register). Requires disc in drive to play installed additional software installations required including,G4WL, SecuROM, Adobe Flash, DirectX, Microsofts .NET framework, Games For Windows LIVE, and Internet Explorer.

What a riot...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 20, 2008, 01:17 Caveman

Wonder if this will be on Steam. If so there's a chance it won't have SecureROM or require GfWL or Rockstars 'Social Club' what ever the f that is.

It's on Steam and yes the digital version will contain Securom also, I don't know where this rumor sprung up about digital versions not containing the same DRM as the retail version.

14. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 23:27 Fion

Wonder if this will be on Steam. If so there's a chance it won't have SecureROM or require GfWL or Rockstars 'Social Club' what ever the f that is.  

13. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 20:25 Caveman

#7 Not sure how accurate this information is, it's from the back cover. http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainment/MM/LB/882493_GS_L_B.jpg

OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Initial activation requires internet connection. Online play requires log-in to Games for windows LIVE(tm), and Rockstar games Social Club (18+ to register). Requires disc in drive to play installed additional software installations required including,G4WL, SecuROM, Adobe Flash, DirectX, Microsofts .NET framework, Games For Windows LIVE, and Internet Explorer.

Ugh, looks like bittorrent is my friend on this, not installing that securom horseshit on my computer. I will gladly support this game but won't support Securom, good work Rockstar on alienating thousands of PC gamers with that malware everyone hates.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2008, 20:28.

12. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 19:57 Starang

11. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 18:08 Joss

"I have never even seen it on the consoles."

Me neither. I pretended they didn't shaft us on this release. Find my happy place.

10. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 15:48 Aero

I've been told, as a general rule of thumb, that you can expect to get about twice the performance for a given set of otherwise equal hardware developing for a fixed platform.

I suspect that most of the improvements to GTA4 relative to the console version will be a result of the significantly greater amount of both system and graphics memory on even mid-range systems, though PC system memory is significantly slower than that on the consoles. PC graphics memory throughput is of course many times faster than the consoles'.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. Naturally, they could also totally stuff the conversion, which wouldn't help anything.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to it. I have never even seen it on the consoles.

9. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 15:02 LittleMe

I was looking forward to playing this on my PC...until I saw that my 1.5 year old machine didn't have the CPU speed to play the game! Sounds like a bad unoptimized console port.

Unfortunately buying a Xbox360 is cheaper than upgrading my CPU and motherboard.

The CPU's in the consoles are specialized to where, for what they do, are very fast compared to a general purpose CPU like what PC's have. Its sort of like how a video card can be optimized for graphics and be a lot faster than a CPU. It may not be a case of GTA IV not being optimized but just that the way the engine was coded was heavily optimized for specialized console CPU's. I'm guessing that my dual core 4ghz E8400 should be fast enough even though its not a tri or quad core.

Sure you can buy a x360 cheaper than a new mobo/cpu/RAM but its a very limited device compared to a PC.

I upgrade my PC spending more than I would on a console, knowing that I get a lot more bang for my buck as well as mouse & keyboard gaming.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2008, 15:06.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

8. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 14:49 Donkey_Punch

I was looking forward to playing this on my PC...until I saw that my 1.5 year old machine didn't have the CPU speed to play the game! Sounds like a bad unoptimized console port.

Unfortunately buying a Xbox360 is cheaper than upgrading my CPU and motherboard.

7. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 13:52 DangerDog

Please no funky DRM bullshit and make Multiplayer not suck (Windows Live support)  

6. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 11:53 Krovven

And just an FYI...Steam now has it listed in the Coming Soon section for Dec 2.  

5. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 10:59 kimbambaman

I never noticed the sexual innuendo in the bowling alley's sign until I saw the video.  
"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

4. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 10:27 J

I don't remember the last time I was looking forward to a PC release.

That is changing.

3. Re: On the Grand Theft Auto IV PC Movie Editor Nov 19, 2008, 10:23 Hump

sounds like there will be a lot of potential for the game in terms of mods.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

2. Re: Cool! Nov 19, 2008, 09:50 Joss

Hah! The 'Peeper' movie was funny! This is on my list.  

1. Re: Cool! Nov 19, 2008, 09:40 Techie714 ©

I'm not much into making movies and such but I think this is a very cool tool for all those gamers out there that like to make these little movies. I look forward to watching some of the better ones!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo