Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Prince of Persia Interviews

There are interviews with Prince of Persia producer Ben Mattes on both Joystiq and PlayStation Universe, discussing the return of the acrobatic regent. The conversations discuss other games, and interestingly, Guitar Hero comes up more than once in the Joystiq Q&A: "In many ways, we actually consider Prince of Persia to be a rhythm game in its platforming sequence, because when it works well, you get into the same sort of Zen-like state when you're platforming that you have in Guitar Hero. The world just shuts down and it just washes over you; you're completely lost in the experience. You're not picking out things like, "I have to press 'A' to do this," or "I have to press 'B' to do that" just like you're not thinking, "I have to use this finger to hit the green key." Anyone who's played Guitar Hero for a couple of weeks ... they're not even thinking anymore about what their fingers are doing."

View
1. Re: Prince of Persia Interviews Nov 19, 2008, 03:02 Shadowcat

So.... it's just like every game, ever (except for all the retarded 'Simon' mini-games where it tells you which button to press in which order). I can't think of many games where the idea isn't for the controls to become second-nature, so that you can focus on the game.

If you wanted to pick a comparison in order to make that particular point, Guitar Hero is a seriously weird one to choose, given that you're making Prince of Persia.

Anyway, jump-pads aside (I really disliked that part of the videos I saw), the new PoP is looking pretty neat.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2008, 05:29.

Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Nov 19, 03:02 Re: Prince of Persia Interviews Shadowcat
  2. Nov 19, 20:00  Re: Prince of Persia Interviews Jerykk

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo