Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Op Ed Nov 17, 2008, 19:32 ldonyo

I don't watch his 'reviews' and I don't watch G4. Until I scanned the first paragraph of the article, I didn't know that Zero Punctuation was anything other than ee cummings' writing style. As far as I'm concerned, it still is.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Op Ed Nov 17, 2008, 07:41 dryden555

ZP has an ultra narrow view of what "games are supposed to be" and that makes his reviews useless to me.

On the other hand he is one of the few who makes a point of listing the gameplay flaws of a major, hyped game release. Most reviews happily give into hype and tell everyone to buy Bioshock or Far Cry 2 or whatever.

5. Re: Op Ed Nov 16, 2008, 20:24 Shadowcat

The Painkiller thing sounds a bit of a non-event, really. 7400% increase in sales for a several-years-old game? How many copies of Painkiller were being purchased on average at the time? Maybe it was one copy a week, in which case Yahtzee caused an additional 73 people to buy the game that week. Definite cause and effect, but hardly worth making a song and dance about. A percentage is a bit useless unless we have at least one solid number to apply it to...  

4. Do Z P Reviews Influence Videogame Sales Nov 16, 2008, 18:54 rist3903

I think he has a much more noticable effect when talking about older titles that a lot of people missed.

I purchased Psychonauts based on one of his rants about how people don't play good games such as that one and was very much entertained by it.

On a possibly very important but incredibly tangential side-note I went to the site that hosts said reviews to refresh my memory on what it was about the Psychonauts review that piqued my interest and my browser got all upset and told me this:

Potential clickjacking/UI Redressing attempt!

NoScript intercepted a mouse or keyboard interaction with a partially hidden element.

I am not linking the site in question as I don't want anyone potentially harmed by this if it is indeed malicious. They have been notified, and you have been warned.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2008, 23:07.

3. Re: Op Ed Nov 16, 2008, 18:01 The Half Elf

Actually that would be the first few Silent Hill games. But he does tend to hit the nail on the head when it comes to the very annoying things in games.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Op Ed Nov 16, 2008, 17:00 Elf Shot The Food

"it's entertainment"

That's highly debatable.

1. Re: Op Ed Nov 16, 2008, 15:54 Bill Borre

Zero Punctuation really isn't a review, it's entertainment. I think the only two games he's ever said anything positive about were Portal and Saints Row 2.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo