Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Evochron Renegades

The Evochron Renegades Website now offers a new version 1.958 of Evochron Renegades, StarWraith 3D Games' space trading and combat game. This improves memory efficiency and specular effects along with a couple of tweaks and bug fixes. As usual, the new version is a triple-threat: A full installer, a trial version/demo, and a patch for older versions. There is also a corresponding updated dedicated server.

View
4. Re: New Evochron Renegades Nov 14, 2008, 15:45 Aero

Wow looks excellent. I'll be there on the day its finished to buy it. The new cities look exceptionally good.

I especially like the new radio chatter. I was, and still am--slowly, working on a mod for ER along those lines which I started something like six months ago with the intention of it being finished in about a month. Turns out it isn't that easy. I just can't come up enough lines. (I'm Mechanical on the ER forums by the way, haven't been around too much lately though because of school, work and whatnot).

Of course, the diversion into superficial-but-pretty action gameland took a chunk of time too.

I like the X games. They're great, but it is totally different. I love that ER is more about you, your ship, and the galaxy. X has a huge scale in terms of business and fleets, and it's excellent for that, but I never really felt like I was exploring alone in the void--everything is pretty much just there between the gates in what basically feel like "rooms" populated with objects.

Naturally, I play them both, but for their individual strengths and styles.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 14, 12:59 Re: New Evochron Renegades Aero
  3. Nov 14, 14:43  Re: New Evochron Renegades  SFSW 
  2. Nov 14, 13:51 Re: New Evochron Renegades Surf
>> 4. Nov 14, 15:45 Re: New Evochron Renegades Aero

footer

Blue's News logo