Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW, Level 80!

Nymh of EU Drek'thar first to level 80 on WoW Insider has a bit on someone who managed to hit the level cap in the new World of Warcraft expansion while most players were still getting the shrink-wrap off their copies. There's no word on whether Blizzard has dispatched a party of youngsters armed with the Sword of a Thousand Truths to take her down. Thanks nin. On a semi-related note, there's a Video interview with Mike Morhaime on Ten Ton Hammer talking with the Blizzard CEO during the Wrath of the Lich King launch event in Manhattan, discussing the growth of their MMORPG and the state of the games industry.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Congratulations! Nov 15, 2008, 16:18 Creston

Hey man, I took 2 days off work for GTA4 and played that thing till my eyes bled

I took one day off, played for about six hours, took a break for awhile, played for a few more. I'd say that's a bit different "hardcore" than getting an expansion and then just grinding non-stop for 30 hours just to get to level 80, no?

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Congratulations! Nov 15, 2008, 07:07 CreamyBlood

"Enjoying wasting time isn't time wasted."

Excellent quote. I've lived most of my life like that, being the hedonistic heathen that I am.

22. Re: Congratulations! Nov 15, 2008, 02:01 Cutter

Hey man, I took 2 days off work for GTA4 and played that thing till my eyes bled. Never forget what John Lennon said as it's so apt for gaming - along with most every "hobby"...."Enjoying wasting time isn't time wasted."

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

21. Congratulations! Nov 14, 2008, 23:57 Creston

On having absolutely no life whatsoever.

Seriously, how long would it take you to get to 80? 30 straight hours of grinding or so? Dear God, take a break every once in awhile.

Creston

20. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 21:16 space captain

there would be a million pics of this chick already if she didnt look like a troll or some kind of diseased rodent

someone who religiously powergames in WoW probably doesnt have a brimming social life... i could be wrong, but hey - i like to make sweeping generalized assumptions as much as possible

Go forth, and kill!

19. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 19:30 osage no onna

Get an award for being the first fucking loser to waste their life away on a video game to reach lvl 80.

go get a job and kiss a girl for once nerd!

Why should she kiss a girl? And she already has a job.

Nice try, though.

18. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 19:07 Quboid

I love the way most people in this thread either didn't read or can't comprehend that a female (or at least claiming to be) got the achievement. Go kiss a girl? Why, playing WoW to level 80 makes you a lesbian?

Well, ok, you might have a point there. As Bash.org says, that doesn't bode well for her dress size.

- Quboid

17. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 16:24 Jackal

the real credit goes to athene , legit methods of leveling used and still banned for it like a minute prior to reaching 80.

pretty shady of blizzard employees.

same method was used here as well,

16. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 14:39 Cutter

Man, I just spent my first two hours in the new expansion and all I did was ride around. I rode from one coast to the other and looked up and two hours had passed. Everything I've seen so far has been seamless, open and very well designed as expected. I like how mobs are spaced out more so one doesn't feel like they're transversing a grid. So far I like the new landscapes more than anything in BC. I'm digging it.

Exactly. Wait till you get to flying around Icecrown and Stormpeaks in particular. During the beta I spent several hours flying around those just checking them out. Beautiful stuff.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

15. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 13:54 Slashman

You guys who are bashing this guy are the ones who need to get out more. lol

Yes, because that statement makes sooo much sense.

14. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 13:52 Surf

Get an award for being the first fucking loser to waste their life away on a video game to reach lvl 80.

go get a job and kiss a girl for once nerd!

13. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 13:40 m00t

He tapped mobs inside of the new 5mans in Northrend, a 5man entered and killed them. Something along those lines. They all got banned for it despite asking a GM for permission beforehand who said it was OK. Not sure if they're unbanned or not. It was perfectly legitimate in my opinion but who the hell wants 80 that fast? It's all about the journey, not the destination but to each his own I guess.

This was the paladin that got to 79 in 13 hours that was banned.

This player actually was grabbing groups of normal mobs and having his fel guard tank them while he DOTted them (siphon life + corr + CoA I think). He had a priest with him (not grouped) to heal him. He also wasn't banned.

TBH, I'm surprised it took him this long. I expected it in under 24 hours.

12. On a side note... Nov 14, 2008, 13:32 Kxmode

When a Storm Giant farts what do you call that? Stormwind  

11. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 13:21 Cock A Doodle Do

Just FYI. I LOVE DRM!  

10. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 12:51 Steele Johnson

You guys who are bashing this guy are the ones who need to get out more. lol  

9. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 12:27 heroin

Man, I just spent my first two hours in the new expansion and all I did was ride around. I rode from one coast to the other and looked up and two hours had passed. Everything I've seen so far has been seamless, open and very well designed as expected. I like how mobs are spaced out more so one doesn't feel like they're transversing a grid. So far I like the new landscapes more than anything in BC. I'm digging it.  

8. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 11:25 Highlander

Nerrrrrrds! Took the loser 28 hours of playing (straight?) to get to 80. NO-LIFE!  

7. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 11:19 DrEvil

not really. for most these no lifers it's all about maxing the level with each new expansion so you can be in the best place to raid the new shit in the expansion before everyone else.  

6. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 11:11 DusterAZ

Level 80 in WOW == Level -52 with the ladies  

5. Re: WoW, Level 80! Nov 14, 2008, 10:58 necrosis

1) LOL at being banned for leveling to fast.

2) So what 70->80 you have to drop the mouse 16 times now to get that much EXP instead of 8?

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo