Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: spore Nov 14, 2008, 16:41 Jim

Spore isn't worth the effort to play. There's nothing really innovative about it aside from the creature creator. There's no evolution, and the design of your creature makes little difference in the game. It's all about collecting the most powerful "creature parts" and slapping them on your creature to replace weaker parts. That's it. That's the game. Sure, you eventually move on to building tanks and spaceships instead of creatures, but the exact same principles apply. The endgame gets pretty tedious too. I was bored and gave up on it.

Wasn't the whole idea, originally, that you started from a spore and evolved? I guess its not worth a bother based on what I've seen and heard about it. It sounded neat when they first announced it and showed off the teasers.

Jim
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: spore Nov 14, 2008, 13:37 Wowbagger_TIP

When I first heard of Spore about 2 years ago it was supposed to be this neat, new-concept evolution & survival of the fittest kinda game where if you survive long enough you can travel around the galaxy in little spaceships and abduct players on other planets and such.

Is this still an evolution game or is it just another "social network" time-waster like it looks like it has become?

Spore isn't worth the effort to play. There's nothing really innovative about it aside from the creature creator. There's no evolution, and the design of your creature makes little difference in the game. It's all about collecting the most powerful "creature parts" and slapping them on your creature to replace weaker parts. That's it. That's the game. Sure, you eventually move on to building tanks and spaceships instead of creatures, but the exact same principles apply. The endgame gets pretty tedious too. I was bored and gave up on it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: etc. Nov 13, 2008, 19:44 xXBatmanXx

You can grab a Ms. PacMan cabinet or a PacMan cabinet for half of that price. Lame.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: spore Nov 13, 2008, 13:45 Joss

Good question. I haven't given this game the time of day due to my craving for military shooters and zombie gibs.  

1. spore Nov 13, 2008, 12:45 Jim

When I first heard of Spore about 2 years ago it was supposed to be this neat, new-concept evolution & survival of the fittest kinda game where if you survive long enough you can travel around the galaxy in little spaceships and abduct players on other planets and such.

Is this still an evolution game or is it just another "social network" time-waster like it looks like it has become?

Jim

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo