Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So I went to Dr. Toothy on Tuesday expecting a little pain, even though it was just to install my finished crown, as I recalled this might entail this thing they do to surround the base of the tooth with what seems like string to facilitate fitting. It turned out that nothing like this was required, it was just some fitting and gluing, and I was done. On my way out, I recalled another issue from my last check up, as the dentist told me my sole remaining wisdom tooth has a giant cavity in it, and it should be pulled before this turned into a problem. They called over to the oral surgeon, and suddenly I was asked to decide if I should take an appointment just two days hence (which is today). I initially said no, as I wanted to mentally prepare for this, but when talk of scheduling after Thanksgiving came up, I realized this could easily get pushed into next year by holidays and such, and I was not going to be happy if it turned into a toothache in the meantime, so I took the appointment today. Therefore, I think it's only fair to add another possibility to the theories about my dental woes: Maybe it is bad luck, maybe it's genetics, and maybe it is Halloween candy, but in agreeing to this extraction later this morning, just two days after a completely pain-free dentist visit, it may just be that I'm a masochist.

Masochistic Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Darkness Springs.
IncrediBots. Thanks Jay is Games.
Ultimate Gamer Challenge.
Stories: Stuck on tarmac- Airlines not required to help passengers?
Husband's coffin kills woman. Thanks Neatorama.
Wayans Set To Remake "Munsters". I picture the audience running away in fast-motion.
Science: Six Real Gadgets Minority Report Predicted Correctly. Nothing about names carved in wooden balls.
Helicopters collect whale snot from blowholes. Thanks Jim.
Auction: Star Wars Clone Wars TV Act Figs- SIGNED - FOR CHARITY.
Fallout 3 statue auction ends at over $2,500.
Images: First Full Image Of New Star Trek USS Enterprise. Thanks Mark.
Community Chest. Thanks Digg.
iz tryin to get...
Media: Ignored Netflix Movies Fight Back.
Army using virtual games to recruit and teach about war.
Follow-up: Spirit Rover in Trouble. Thanks j.c.f.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Enterprise Nov 13, 2008, 22:44 Punisher

I don't like it. The pic makes it look too fat and bulky. I am hoping it is just the camera angle and seeing it in motion will make a difference though. The old ones mostly looked sleek, except the D.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Blue.. Nov 13, 2008, 17:34 Syntarsus

I really like the new ship, and have high hopes for the movie. The franchise needed serious CPR, and it looks like that's exactly what it's getting...

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. It's a little curvier, but it looks OK to me. The actors playing the crew however, are a different story. When I saw that EW cover in the store with the new Kirk and Spock on it, I thought Wham had reunited...

18. Re: Blue.. Nov 13, 2008, 17:30 PHJF

Lucas made CGI more important than the rest of his movies. What evidence is there that Abrams is doing that?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Blue.. Nov 13, 2008, 15:03 nin

As for the Enterprise picture... Dear god it's like what Lucas did to Star Wars with Episode 1-3. MAKE IT STOP!

I really like the new ship, and have high hopes for the movie. The franchise needed serious CPR, and it looks like that's exactly what it's getting...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16. Blue.. Nov 13, 2008, 14:57 The Half Elf

I blame the chili with battery acid for your teeth

As for the Enterprise picture... Dear god it's like what Lucas did to Star Wars with Episode 1-3. MAKE IT STOP!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 14:38 Cutter

Just get a whole new set of synthetic teeth implanted, Blue. You could go for fangs all around! This would give you the added benefit of biting dogs back that mess with Hudson.

Man, that would have been pretty sweet getting that Fallout statue.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 12:21 sauron

British teeth arent bad per se, just the NHS dental service and their "if it cant be filled pull it" attitude (thats if you can get a dentist).

Yup, this is right on the money. I'm a brit, and when I lived in England my teeth weren't too good. Since I moved to the US and started getting decent and regular dental care, they've been great, no problems at all. My smile is nice and white and my gums are healthy.

Kittens!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 11:11 Ant

Blue, I have bad teeth. Don't feel bad. I lost a lot of teeth too. I can barely get my tongue through my mouth since I was born like that. It sucks to have multiple disabilities. I go to dentist once a month.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 09:28 Armengar

British teeth arent bad per se, just the NHS dental service and their "if it cant be filled pull it" attitude (thats if you can get a dentist).

You might be able to eat for thanksgiving then Blue, my wisdom teeth took 4 weeks before I could eat properly again. Bloody hurt.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 09:21  Blue 

Blue, your teeth are so bad... do you have British lineage?

Yes I do. Heaslip is a British name. Bullseye

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 09:16 strich

strich, any recommendations for the sinus infection?

the first round, the doctor put me on Nasacort AQ and told me to take Clairitin and put me on something called Cefdinir. this didn't work. called back yesterday and they put me on Phenyleph. It seems to be working after only a half day. it does make me pretty woozy though, but i actually slept last night and can already tell a difference this morning. Advil cold and sinus seems to work in small spurts (4 hrs) for me as well. I couldn't take the Clairitin because it was giving me migraines. And Zicam nose spray seems to really help quite a bit too.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 08:36 Overon

Blue I sense much dentist fear in you.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 08:04 DG

strich, any recommendations for the sinus infection?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 08:02 DG

Blue, your teeth are so bad... do you have British lineage?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 07:46 strich

I don't even bother flossing every day. when i go in to my dentist, i get bitched out by the hygenist and the dentist and when he asks "have you been flossing regularly?", i just say no. when he asks why, i tell him his kids have to go to college, right?

that usually shuts him up pretty quickly.

on the upside, i finally got some good meds for my 2 week long sinus infection that wasn't going away. first decent night's sleep in easily a week. i really hate this time of year (except for the colors).

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 06:29 nin

I have a dental hygienist & she is very stern with me if I have plaque build up

I had one or two like that and I stopped going to them. I can get bitched at any ware, and they want me to pay them money to do so? Fuck off!

Good luck, Blue. You should seriously look in the Guinness World Records book and see what the record is for the number of times a person has been to the dentist.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 04:18 InBlack

LoL @ Hoop!  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 02:48 Hoop

I have a dental hygienist & she is very stern with me if I have plaque build up, she's not bad looking & really tells me off. So my trips there kind of serve as a dominatrix session as well making it not bad value.  

Um .. Behind you...

2. Six Real Gadgets Nov 13, 2008, 02:21 Cyanotetyphas

Sorry Wired but the musings of a PNAS paper and a DARPA grant hardly count as fulfillment.  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 01:26 Xenovore

ROFL! =D

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo