Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wheel of Time Game Plans

This press release has word that film studio Red Eagle Entertainment is entering the world of games, as the owner of the rights to late author Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series says they will create a series of Wheel of Time games to accompany each of their movies based on the series, the first of which, The Eye of the World, is currently in production. Even more ambitiously, they say their Red Eagle Games is also to create an MMOG based on the series. There's not much more in the way of details about the games, other than they are being targeted at "all major videogame platforms, including consoles, personal computers, handheld systems and wireless devices." There's an article on VentureBeat (thanks Mike Martinez and GamesIndustry.biz) focusing on the riskiness associated with such plans. Those with long memories will recall Legend Entertainment released an Unreal-engine Wheel of Time action/RPG in 1999.

View
5. Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Nov 12, 2008, 15:36 Hobeaux

The Wheel of Time game was beautiful and moody-- and no, I never finished it either. Which is a long-running regret considering how much I enjoyed it. The one thing I didn't understand till after I stopped playing was that the game mechanic was based off the Wizards of the Coast card systems such as Magic the Gathering.

I hope the new games meet expectations. Now that Jordan has passed on perhaps more liberties can be taken.

Not sure when the last book will be finished--it's being completed by one of Robert Jordan's friends and we'll all just have to wait. One book left. Shame he died when he did. sigh.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 12, 14:54 Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans nightfend
  2. Nov 12, 14:59  Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans nin
  4. Nov 12, 15:26   Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Cutter
  3. Nov 12, 15:06 Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Ecthelion
>> 5. Nov 12, 15:36 Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Hobeaux
  14. Nov 12, 17:30  Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans vacs
  6. Nov 12, 15:37 Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Metasparks
  8. Nov 12, 16:13  Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans BurntSoul
  15. Nov 12, 17:45   Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans SacredGinmill
  16. Nov 12, 17:53    Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Ataneruo