Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Acquiring Massive Entertainment

Gamasutra reports that Ubisoft is acquiring Massive Entertainment, the Sweden based developer of World In Conflict that became available after the Activision Blizzard merger. Financial terms of the deal are not disclosed, but they have quotes from all parties concerned, who seem pleased as punch at how things have worked out.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Ubisoft Acquiring Massive Entertainm Nov 11, 2008, 04:26  Xymph 

They were part of Sierra/Dynamix and then purchased by Vivendi if I'm not mistaken.
You are. Massive was independent until acquired by Vivendi, long after Sierra/Dynamix was.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Ubisoft Acquiring Massive Entertainment Nov 11, 2008, 04:06 Optimaximal

If anything, it's great news as they were literally floundering when Vivendi dropped them. Just a shame it was Ubisoft that picked them up and not someone like CD Projekt or the like.

Still, at least it wasn't EA!

4. Re: Ubisoft Acquiring Massive Entertainment Nov 11, 2008, 02:34 The Half Elf

They were part of Sierra/Dynamix and then purchased by Vivendi if I'm not mistaken.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Ubisoft Acquiring Massive Entertainment Nov 10, 2008, 23:18 theyarecomingforyou

I dunno, I think Ubisoft has been doing alright recently. Their games usually have good vision, even if the execution is slightly flawed. They've come a long way since the shitty games they were pushing out a decade ago. Certainly this move doesn't worry me, unlike if it was EA.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: Ubisoft Acquiring Massive Entertainment Nov 10, 2008, 22:22 Wade

Except that Massive Entertainment hasn't been independent for years. They were part of Vivendi Games before the merger with Activision.  

1. Re: Ubisoft Acquiring Massive Entertainment Nov 10, 2008, 22:09 Caveman

Just want the gaming industry needs, another independent dev being bought out by a subpar gaming conglomerate.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2008, 22:10.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo