Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big

Codemasters Online and NetDevil announce that they have collected over 150,000 registrations for the upcoming beta testing of Jumpgate Evolution, the space combat MMOG remake. The game is due for release some time next year, and the beta is set to go live soon, but they stress that signups are still being accepted on the Jumpgate Evolution Website, so those interested in testing should head over with all due hyperspeed.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 11, 2008, 19:05 Kedyn

Of course the Jumpgate Evolution Beta is BIG! They've been dangling this fucking beta in front of us for like a year now!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 10, 2008, 20:51 ColoradoHoudini

I really, REALLY wanted to love Eve. it came out for me at a time when I wanted to get into an MMO and had tons of free time. I was also really into the space/sci-fi genre across all my entertainment venues and when i turned to Eve, i was excited.

Then.. I realized that the game to me, was more like work than a game. It took forever to get into the fun, and really.. the fun I found wasn't really fun. Dammit!

So here's to hoping this title gives me something to be excited about. Good fun, faster to the fun than Eve.. but close to the depth.. but not overwhelming!

6. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 10, 2008, 20:30 Bludd

No, EVE is like work. It's boring, slow and has a terrible, overcomplicated UI. The X series is just the same.

5. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 10, 2008, 20:26 Ravor

Eve isn't slow and boring once you get in to it

Unfortunately the process for getting there can be slow and boring, depending on what you do

4. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 10, 2008, 20:17 Bludd

So, is this gonna play slow and boring like EVE or fast and fun like Freelancer?  

3. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 10, 2008, 15:01 Aero

I've been looking forward to this for a while. I never did get in on the previous versions but I hear good things for the most part.

I'm not an MMO-type gamer generally, but that's mostly because I don't like the sort of games that most lend themselves to MMOs (RPGs etc). The sort of commitment required is a bit of a hurdle too. So many seem more like work than like games, but space combat is something I could dig so that even if I wasn't obsessively leveling up like the 'hardcore' players, I could still have fun just blowing stuff up and flying around.

2. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 10, 2008, 14:44 Tumbler

Looking forward to trying this.

Any space MMO combat game is worth trying in my book.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 10, 2008, 14:40 Kxmode

I signed up but this'll probably become subscriber fodder at FilePlanet.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo