Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

In years past, we have bought bags of candy for Halloween with a variety treats to hand out, almost always covering a range from things that have some sort of appeal to us to things that don't. This year, however, we seemed to find assortments that were all pretty good, so as a result, the leftover candy from this year is pretty much already gone (thank goodness there wasn't too much of it, or we'd have another Cornholio incident). We do still have a handful leftovers from last year and the year before that. How long do SweeTarts last anyway? I'm guessing they've got a few more years in them (actually I wouldn't bet against them outlasting us all).

Swee Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Skies of War. Thanks UserFriendly.
Links: OS X Snow Leopard vs. Windows 7. Thanks Neutronbeam.
6 People Who Died In Order To Prove A (Retarded) Point.
Stories: Batman Sues Christopher Nolan Over Success Of The Dark Knight.
Cash Hidden in Ohio House Walls Becomes Contractor's Nightmare. Thanks Digg.
Media: TF2 - Meet the Heavy - 300 Style Remix.
Kaizo Mario Bros. NSFW.
Virtual Lego Fashion Show.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. I call dibs... Nov 10, 2008, 21:26 The Half Elf

On the Sweet Tarts and any Snickers, Reeses Cups, and anything else made by Hersey!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: OSX vs Win7 Nov 10, 2008, 20:41 Dan =0)

whatever the case, Apple royally screwed the pooch by taking firewire off the new Macbooks.. total bonehead move, considering one of their primary markets is A/V pros - which tend to use manifold FW devices

FW's been retained on the new MBP... still, I wouldn't want to pay -more- for effectively the same hardware (Firewire port, that is...) I've got on an older consumer-levelish iBook...

Bah. I hope their next refresh reintroduces FW (and introduces eSATA). I use FireWire exclusively for loading samples from, and recording audio to, an external drive...

-Dan

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2008, 20:41.

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2008, 19:12 Hoop

How long do SweeTarts last anyway?

I've been told most will patiently wait until you have expired.

Um .. Behind you...

9. OSX vs Win7 Nov 10, 2008, 18:32 space captain

whatever the case, Apple royally screwed the pooch by taking firewire off the new Macbooks.. total bonehead move, considering one of their primary markets is A/V pros - which tend to use manifold FW devices  
Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: OS X vs Windows 7 Nov 10, 2008, 15:34 banddirector

Windows 7 = Vista with the equivalent of Service Packs 2 and 3, and maybe even 4. It will be better, and it will work as well as XP, provided you're not using 2003 hardware ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

7. I am Batman Nov 10, 2008, 15:03 Pumas

Ummm...haven't they passed the statute of limitations by a massive number of years with that there Batman lawsuit? Batman has been a character since 1939 which is long before the city of Batman ever even installed its first oil well. In fact, the city was only a small village prior to the 1950s. And to top it all off, the lawsuit would be unwinnable due to the fact that the mayor is on record as saying that he got the idea to sue from a reporter who thought it might be a good way to help the economically troubled town.  
How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

6. Re: OS X vs Windows 7 Nov 10, 2008, 10:46 Narf2029

I think Windows hiccups are not unexpected whenever Microsoft tries to move past its current good one. Anyone here ever use Millennium?  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

5. OS X vs Windows 7 Nov 10, 2008, 10:34 Fion

All I have to say is, if Windows 7 blows as hard as Vista, M$ is in serious trouble. Apple will likely never be able to erk out more than a 10% share of the market, but if M$ releases yet another piece of garbage and tries to force it down our throats (is there any wonder Windows Vista laptop sales have slipped to dismal figures in the last year? Because your forced to take Vista on laptops anymore and their HD's are hard-wired for it.)

So please Microsoft, make Windows 7 more like XP than vista.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2008, 10:32 PHJF

Is that supposed to be WoW? Shame on you.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2008, 10:19 Choachy

Ahhh, beat me to it.
I was going to note my observation of the direct relationship between Blue's leftover halloween candy, and Blue's visits to Dr. Toothy.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2008, 10:16 InBlack

In years past, we have bought bags of candy for Halloween with a variety treats to hand out, almost always covering a range from things that have some sort of appeal to us to things that don't. This year, however, we seemed to find assortments that were all pretty good, so as a result, the leftover candy from this year is pretty much already gone (thank goodness there wasn't too much of it, or we'd have another Cornholio incident). We do still have a handful leftovers from last year and the year before that. How long do Swee Tarts last anyway? I'm guessing they've got a few more years in them (actually I wouldn't bet against them outlasting us all).

...no wonder you have dental troubles Blue...;)

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2008, 09:58 nin

Awesome new logo!

Thanks!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo