Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE Shooter Plans?

Eurogamer has a couple of reports from the EVE Online Fanfest, one with details on the next expansion for CCP's MMORPG, saying the next expansion after Tuesday's Quantum Rise add-on will be launched on March 10, 2009. They also outline hints CCP has laid out for plans for a shooter based on the EVE universe. They describe a showing of footage of a "Halo-style" shooter set on an "Earth-like planet." They also report EVE referencing their console aspirations, though it's not clear if the shooter game is part of this console strategy. The report concludes stressing that CCP is focused on expanding EVE Online, so this shooter project is still a ways off.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 10, 2008, 08:56 Theo

Thanks for the lead Longswd. Signed up for beta.

JUST PRAY, its better than jumpgate was, that was once shitty gaming experiance. and hope netdevil dont dick it in the arse like they did with the first title.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 10, 2008, 02:50 sponge

Why are they going to make a shooter, they need more ISK (US dollars) and a console game would help that, also Walking In Stations Expansion or what I am calling WISE is so far behind schedule that all the environments are sitting collecting dust, if they design the game around using these art assets they can pay themselves back the cost of creating it all as adding this content to Eve is going to break the games engine even more then it is now, thus they have slowed the entire game down with QR patch and re-tuned every weapon and made the whole game much much lamer in hope of figuring out a way to get WISE to work at all, yes they are taking fun game play out to add the ability for it to be more of WOW like game with WISE, and then create Vampire Army of Darkness on top of that system.

This quote needs like 5 or 6 more periods than it has now.

16. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 18:23 PacoTaco

Eve and CCP are dead to me, the Quantum Rise patch is the worst patch for the game ever topping the previous worst patch the last one, they cant even keep the primary game fun as it is now pre-patch.

Why are they going to make a shooter, they need more ISK (US dollars) and a console game would help that, also Walking In Stations Expansion or what I am calling WISE is so far behind schedule that all the environments are sitting collecting dust, if they design the game around using these art assets they can pay themselves back the cost of creating it all as adding this content to Eve is going to break the games engine even more then it is now, thus they have slowed the entire game down with QR patch and re-tuned every weapon and made the whole game much much lamer in hope of figuring out a way to get WISE to work at all, yes they are taking fun game play out to add the ability for it to be more of WOW like game with WISE, and then create Vampire Army of Darkness on top of that system. Also with this console announcement they might get suckers to keep funding their ill conceived plans.

They lost customers already and will continue to look for ways to stay around using these already paid for assets for a plan (WISE) that was not vetted well to begin with, no reason to fire anyone you will all be looking for work sooner or later.

15. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 16:51 Kxmode

Might want to keep an eye on Jumpgate:Evolution

Thanks for the lead Longswd. Signed up for beta. Thumbsup

14. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 15:12 Longswd

Why not a space shooter? Better yet, why not an Elite-style MMO space shooter/trader?

Might want to keep an eye on Jumpgate:Evolution, it sounds like they are trying to make the Elite MMO we've been waiting for. I'd settle for even Earth and Beyond with a more dynamic market.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

13. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 12:06 Dades

Considering the MMO side of it is about as exciting as watching mold grow this isn't such a bad idea.  

12. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 11:27 Rilcon

They're already making a WoD MMO, part of the reason they're adding "walking around" into EVE. Shame they're keeping official word of it low.

As for the shooter thing, I got the impression it's just something they think they could do within a few years.

11. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 09:46 Umbragen

I was more than hoping they were going to do something with the White Wolf properties. The gaming Universe doesn't need another Halo, in fact, only Microsoft needs another Halo.  

10. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 01:34 The Half Elf

Next time you see your Agent in Eve ask for a sarcasm mod.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 00:27 Slashman

@kxmode

errr...because its there!

8. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 00:20 Kxmode

@Slashman

Why do you want to tear down my perfectly created stereotype?

7. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 8, 2008, 23:53 Slashman

I firmly believe Eve Online is the reason I will never learn or touch Office Excel.

So EVE is the reason for your self-imposed ignorance? Deep.

Its interesting. I played EVE for a couple years(was in the beta actually) and you only needed to get into that kind of thing if you were INTO that kind of thing.

Playing the market and turning a huge profit from manufacturing and all the calculations that entails were and AFAIK are still OPTIONAL.

People need to stop spouting nonsense about a game they haven't played or don't fully understand.

6. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 8, 2008, 21:34 The Half Elf

Why not just take EVE as it stands, shove all of it into a Xwing/Privateer/Freelancer type game and have a.. space shooter?

Strip out the 100 of agents, put in say 1 or 2 per station throw in a cool storyline beyond 'you live in a pod inside your ship', and go from there?

I firmly believe Eve Online is the reason I will never learn or touch Office Excel.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 8, 2008, 18:56 Kxmode

A spreadsheet shooter

=sum(B1+B2) OWNED!

4. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 8, 2008, 18:31 Jerykk

Why not a space shooter? Better yet, why not an Elite-style MMO space shooter/trader?

Win.

Actually, if CCP could expand EVE to include on-foot combat, planetary descents, etc, it could become a much bigger force in the MMO market. It might even be an MMO I'd consider playing.

3. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 8, 2008, 17:28 Wallshadows

Let me get into my suit...

...It makes sense to dumb down such a universe to become a FPS on a console.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

2. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 8, 2008, 15:40 Lorcin

The only way that would work is as a single player game possibly with some multiplayer components. The trouble with Eve single player would be the simple fact they would have to completly invent it from scratch - they'd have the universe and that's all. The simple fact is, as the Eve missions show, Eve is neither hard nor engaging against NPCs.

If their building an entire game from the ground up why not a FPS or RTS? People buy them just from screenshots where as space sims have to compete for a very niche market.

As for "an MMO space shooter/trader" - erm that would be Eve then yeah?

1. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 8, 2008, 14:42 Aero

A "Halo-style" shooter?

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo