Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: etc., etc. Nov 8, 2008, 04:51 rist3903

It does feel a bit like Valve has foisted a beta product on their already paying customers.

I have high hopes for this game though, it is quite a lot of fun when it is working properly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: etc., etc. Nov 8, 2008, 01:28 Beamer

Valve screwed up. They misjudged the market. Fortunately they did it in what is essentially a beta and went to work immediately to fix it.

Many other companies would expect you to learn to live with it.

Part of the reason I hate console online gaming is the waiting. You wait forever for matches. Sometimes they fail and you do it again. Even the few games with server browsers make you refresh the list every time you try to join a game that fills before you can, which can also take forever.

Halo 3 wasn't awful, but Halo 2, Far Cry Predator, Gears of War, etc, all seemed like I spent more time trying to get into games than playing them.

PCs are nice. Half the time I didn't even update the server list, I'd just try to get into one of my regular servers. If full then I'd update. And I could join before it finished.
So nice. So easy.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: etc., etc. Nov 8, 2008, 00:58 Veinman

My friend and I tried numerous times tonight to host a game for each other. It never worked.

But when you DO get a game going, this game is fantastic.

2. Re: Valve fumbles Nov 8, 2008, 00:12 LittleMe

LOL, how many times do game developers need to learn the lesson that they can't mix certain PC and console game qualities together. UT3 did this and lost a lot of sales because of it. The console version was too much like a PC game and the PC game was too much like a console game so no one got the game they really wanted.

I slap Valve for being stupid. I mean, they built their company on PC gaming and now its showing how kiddie console they are going. I mean, STEAM is entirely PC based and so they, more than most publishers, are tied to PC gaming and yet, look at this. Hahaha!

PC FPS games are my preferred thing, but I am probably going to skip this one. I haven't cared for any Valve multiplayer game so why would I care about their console game that happens to have a PC port! No way. Valve multiplayer games are shallow.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2008, 00:12.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. Valve fumbles Nov 7, 2008, 19:54 Fion

I think Valve got the 'PC gamers don't want blind matchmaking in favor over simple and solid server browsing and admin tools' message, loud and clear.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo