Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sims 3 Interview

The Sims 3 Q&A on GameSpot hears from Ben Bell about the next installment Maxis' lifestyle simulation series. At one point Ben explains how they are going all S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on us: "One example of the work we're doing is the AI behind the people who live in your town. You control a household of sims, but all of the other sims in your town live and develop as you play. It takes an impressive amount of tuning to make this work just right. I think that people are used to seeing lots of other characters in a gameworld, but they've never seen a gameworld where every character is being motivated by unique personality traits and motives like The Sims 3. Another thing we're working on is a feature called Create a Style, which allows players to customize just about everything, from clothing to furniture to cars. We want players to be able to change the game like our artists can. The interface is really powerful, and we want to make it perfect."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Sims 3 Interview Nov 5, 2008, 11:11 Morgan19

I wish you could just build without worrying about money or just focus purely on the more fun stuff - I also found my characters would die before I'd manage anything meaningful with them.

You can– just track down the anti-aging and money "cheats", enable them, and there you go. I played Sims 2 that way and the game was immensely more enjoyable without having to worry about those two factors.

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Sims 3 Interview Nov 5, 2008, 04:34 InBlack

Jerykk you do realise I hope that a serial killer "simulator" would spawn 25 Jack Thompsons and would inevitably lead to some very restrictive gaming legislation...

...not that I wouldnt enjoy a game like that though....;)

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Sims 3 Interview Nov 5, 2008, 02:18 Jerykk

What they need to do is make the game much more open-ended. I should be able to be a serial killer, for example, and lure unsuspecting Sims into my home where I drug them, lock them up in my dungeon and slowly feed them to unsuspecting dinner guests.

Of course, I'd have to deal with nosy neighbors, make sure to clean up any evidence, have plausible alibis and gain the trust of the neighborhood, as well as dispose of the occasional cop.

1. Re: Sims 3 Interview Nov 5, 2008, 01:05 theyarecomingforyou

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you say? Sounds to me more like what Oblivion was trying to achieve.

NEway, I always loved the concept of The Sims but struggled to find where the game was. It's novel for the first couple of days but then I get bored of it. I wish you could just build without worrying about money or just focus purely on the more fun stuff - I also found my characters would die before I'd manage anything meaningful with them.

I really like what they're doing but unfortunately it's another EA game, so DRM activations and no Steam release. Shame.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo