Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery

Amazon.com is offering "day-of" deliveries of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion pack for World of Warcraft, so those who preorder the add-on will have it delivered on November 13, the same day it will appear in stores. As far as we know, this is the first Windows game to get Amazon's recently announced day-of release policy. Thanks nin. In other WoW news, the servers are all down at the moment to install the new version 3.03.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 19:54 Wallshadows

I wonder if the same works out for us Canadians?

Even so, I would lose about three hours if I waited for the post man to come by than to go pick it up.

In theory.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 16:17 Tumbler

Tumbler: Try something like EVE Online, I've been enjoying that one quite a bit.

I played eve online, a lot. I couldn't keep putting enough time into it and the pvp combat required too much commitment to the game.

I tried to get back into it not too long ago but it's annoying to spend so much time waiting for something cool to happen. It sucks that it costs so much time and energy to be involved in something interesting, like huge battles.

It doesn't help that you have to spend months getting to a point where you'll be useful to the major corps (guilds/alliances) in the game. The tech 2 weapons are standard for most pvp players and getting those trained to use on a battleship is a ridicluous time commitment. Let alone if you want to use dreadnaughts, carriers, etc.

I could go on for a while on what I'd like to see change in eve online.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 15:50 AnarKane

Tumbler: Try something like EVE Online, I've been enjoying that one quite a bit.  
"We can do this one of two ways. There's the hard way, which involves hours of discussion, tons of negotiation, half a dozen bribes, and no guarantee of success."
"What's the easy way?"
"Liberally placed high explosives."

7. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 14:22 Kash

FYI Blue, I ordered Fallout 3 for the PC from Amazon using release date delivery. I think that was the first Windows game to offer it.

Edited to add: Beaten to this by like...a lot.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2008, 14:23.

6. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 13:42 Tumbler

Why can't they make a World of Starcraft game already. I want an MMO I can enjoy and fantasy has never done it for me. The popularity of this MMO is so frustrating. If I could just brainswash myself into loving Swords and Sorcery gameplay...look how much fun I could be having!

Make a sci-fi futuristic MMO for the love of God Blizzard! Enough with this #@$@%@%# WOW bullshit, we want some love too GODDAMMIT!

Look how much fun their having!? I'm over here getting my fun in little batches of Dead Space and Mirror's Edge, where is my fucking 4 year long high of gaming goodness!?

MAKE FUCKING UNIVERSE OF STARCRAFT or some shit.

And to all you WoW'ers, fuck you! Quite playing so they will have to build something I like. So fucking jealous right now.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 12:48 pacbowl

Odd that the greater Los Angeles area isn't eligible for day-of release shipping. Guess I'll have to get to Fry's early.  

4. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 11:45 Tiver

This is not the first Windows game to get Amazon's day-of release policy. I used the day-of release policy for Fallout 3 and received it the day of release on October 28th. They ended up shipping it next day delivery on Monday, and I did receive it on the 28th. I don't know if any releases prior to this were available via the day of release policy.  

3. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 11:26 strich

I'm looking forward to this expansion. Get back to the quests with new content. I'm tired of the dailies and i'm not a raider. hell, i don't even like the 5 man stuff. i'm a soloer.

but i'll just wait and see if my local retailer has it on release day. i'm in no rush to have it that day and play all night. besides, the servers are gonna end up shitting the bed for the first week anyways.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

2. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Nov 4, 2008, 10:35 nin

Odd...I emailed this link to Blue after I noticed my order (for the CE) had a charge or $0.00 for shipping. Yet I start a new order, add in the regular edition (since they're no longer taking orders for the CE) and the shipping is $4.99 for regular shipping, or $9.99 for overnight...

So somehow I got the CE with free overnight and (as usual) no tax.

Thanks Amazon!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release-Date Delivery Nov 4, 2008, 10:13 InBlack

Now lemme just get some lemon juice, a teaspoon, a lighter and the fun can start!  

I have a nifty blue line!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo