Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch

A new patch for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is now available to update GSC Game World's first-person shooter prequel to version 1.5.07. The patch for the retail edition can be found on AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The patch for the digitally distributed edition is available on AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls.

View
18. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Nov 3, 2008, 17:16 theyarecomingforyou

Complaining is done simply as the ego's way of reinforcing its "rightness" and someone else's "wrongness."
Are you proposing that everybody agree with each other or never voice their criticism? If that were the case then there would be no politics, war, petitions, methods for dealing with official complaints, etc. Your statement is patently absurd and that you seek to belittle those with complaints is particularly ironic.

If they knew within a few hours of releasing the patch that there was a problem that needed to be addressed quickly, which is what it sounds like there was...then what's the point in releasing it on Steam when you know you will have another released in a few days to address the problem with the last patch? Would you rather they put the broken update through on Steam too?
Obviously no-one would ever want a broken patch. Still, if it was broken I would expect it to be recalled... it wasn't.

At some point consumer logic has to take over and you need to recognize that you had warnings and made the purchase anyways.
Wanting a patch sooner, particularly when it's already been created and released for retail users, is very different to regretting my purchase. Despite my complaints I had a brilliant time with Clear Sky and found it an incredibly enjoyable experience, hence why I want to play through it again. I prefer it overall to FarCry 2. Still, I wasn't expecting as many problems with Clear Sky - I expected them to have learnt from their mistakes, not to introduce more.

I wasn't aware it took 3 weeks for a patch to come to Steam, and without looking into that I'm not sure how accurate that info is. I seem to recall patches coming out before it hit North American shores...but don't know details.
Earlier patches were released promptly, though the actual game itself was delayed from the retail release. Us European gamers had to wait for the US release, which incorporated the early patches (which actually gave us a better experience and avoided the save breaking changes introduced earlier).

Sorry if I came across as very negative. My criticism is with the handling of patches on Steam, which should just be a case of the publishers handing over the files to Valve.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 3, 14:07 Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Bludd
  2. Nov 3, 14:38 Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Surf
  3. Nov 3, 14:39 Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Hump
  4. Nov 3, 14:42  Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch LittleMe
  6. Nov 3, 14:59   Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Krovven
  7. Nov 3, 15:17    Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch elefunk
  8. Nov 3, 15:19     Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Aero
  11. Nov 3, 16:00    Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Quboid