Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Fans riled by Fallout 3 issues on PS3. Nov 3, 2008, 06:33 InBlack

Im having a lot of fun with this game, and Ive only scratched the surface, so far. Man I wish I had more time to game these days....:(  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Fans riled by Fallout 3 issues on PS3. Nov 2, 2008, 10:45 WyldKat

I've been playing it on 360, though I plan to get it on PC eventually if a construction set is released for it. Anyways it runs fantastic on the 360, the only issue I've noticed is that the robot doesn't show your face or hair when selecting a new hairstyle. Considering how much I love to play with a character's looks, I find this one quite annoying.  

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2008, 10:01 space captain

i bought a PS3 to cover my lack of up-to-date PC hardware.. after spending so much on a new car and moving and so forth, havent had the extra funds to upgrade for quite a while

i plan on selling it to buy a pimped out gfx card in my next machine

consoles have their place, but they dont even come close to a solid PC

and having to slum it with them just gives me more reason to build a new beast.. ive been waiting on those new i7 chips, so soon it will be time

Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2008, 09:33 dryden555

I just looked at some videos that compare PS3 with 360 Fallout 3 and wow, the PS3 version looks noticeably poorer. Worse framerate too.  

8. Re: gow2 midnight launch events Nov 2, 2008, 08:30 Burrito of Peace

I feel no sympathy for PS3 owners. If you had a PC, you wouldn't have these issues.

You'd have different issues and a torrid love affair with SecuROM that would leave you raw, bleeding and dripping with the digital equivalent of HIV.

7. Re: gow2 midnight launch events Nov 2, 2008, 06:41 Jerykk

The console kiddies ate GoW up.  

6. gow2 midnight launch events Nov 2, 2008, 03:05 rist3903

Did people really enjoy Gears of War that much? I played it for an hour co-op on a friends console and it seemed like a bad game with good graphics.  

5. Re: Fans riled by Fallout 3 issues on PS3. Nov 1, 2008, 18:30 Yosemite Sam

Hate it and Love it, knew this was going to happen when the next gen consoles could patch games. Now game devs can release unfinished console games and patch(finish) later. Welcome to the world of pushed out the door before they are done games, we PC users have been suffering this for years, now all you console users can suffer along with the rest of us. I wonder how long the console gamers are going to put up with it, cant use the BS too many different types of systems excuse with consoles.

EDIT I can see it now, people will become fed up with the BS and the consoles will start to see huge losses on game sales. They will all start to look for why and of course will never look at their own conduct becuase its never thier fualt, someone will bring up the xbox torrents and the cry will go up 'pirates are ruining our companys!' Third party companys will start to come up with 'unckrackable' DRM that will miraculously fix the whole thing but of course it will only cause issues with other console software ... I would just like to extend a welcome to our console cousins, game on ... or maybe not till the next patch.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2008, 20:56.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 1, 2008, 18:29 phinn

There have been no problems with me for Oblivion with guns, err I mean Fallout 3 on PS3. I heard the graphics are slightly worse because of the tuning but only at far distances, oh well.

I like SOCOM and LittleBigPlanet a lot better so far anyway.

3. Re: Fans riled by Fallout 3 issues on PS3. Nov 1, 2008, 17:14 The Half Elf

Last time I checked I don't think you could change the AF settings in a console game.

Only crashes I had during my first play through was entering an interior building, twice when starting up a conversation, and once with alt-tabbing.

Few things I didn't care for (besides low res textures), is you can't immediately level up, you have to wait for a lull in the action/after conversations before you could.
AI "Henchmen" have some wonky-ness to them like picking up EVERYTHING from killed NPC's, not remembering tactics (like stay close, or only use ranged weapons, or switching to inferior weapons like a pistol instead of a rifle, using a 10mm pistol when I gave them a nice shiny perfect Plasma Rifle), if you climb up or hop down a rock they go the long way around because they can't jump or fall, etc.
Guards and NPC's have ESP, and know that your looking at a locked door, or container, and commenting that they know you are eyeing it, even though they are 20 feet away with their back to you.
And no way to continue playing the game. Once ya hit the end, your at the end.

I will say that I did enjoy some of the skills (like Intelligence and Speech) being useful in several different situations.

Overall not a bad game, but still holding Fable 2 as my GoTY choice.

Size Does Matter - Just Ask SackBoy... brilliant.

And finally as for the DVD Vs. Hard Drive, it's obvious the hard drive is better, but what I wanna see is if it helps with texture pop-in, in games like Gears of War and Mass Effect.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Fans riled by Fallout 3 issues on PS3. Nov 1, 2008, 16:53 LittleMe

FO3 isn't crashing in-game for me so far. I found out that the slowdowns are due to 8xAF so I turned it down to 4x. The frame skipping issue, afaic, is really bad and should be fixed asap.

The workaround issue pretty much solves the skipping though. FO3 is awesome. I'm almost entirely a multiplayer gamer of later years but this game has me happy offline. Great game!!

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Fans riled by Fallout 3 issues on PS3. Nov 1, 2008, 16:15 necrosis

PS3? Fans are riled about the issues with the PC version.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo