Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed

IGN has a confirmation of the delay for the PC edition of Grand Theft Auto IV, which is indeed now expected on December 2. They also elaborate on the recently released specs for the PC edition, which are now divided into minimum and recommended systems, with the recommended specs including an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz or AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz CPU and a 512MB NVIDIA 8600 or ATI 3870 graphics card.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Nov 1, 2008, 07:48 Hump

I'm actually enjoying Saints Row 2 far more than I did GTA4.

When a title gives you the opportunity to play a mini-game involving riding on a quad bike dressed in a flame-proof suit setting people and cars on fire for points while the other bugs you with AI that asks you to take them out to the bar, guess which game I'm playing?

Yahtzee's review makes a great comparison and is spot-on.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/312-Saints-Row-2

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 17:20 Fion

Lol EA has been behind this kind of crap so much I slipped. :p T2 it is then.  

10. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 15:36 Jerykk

Hopefully this will be one of the very few games that takes full advantage of my Quad Core.  

9. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 14:03 Krovven

Though the hardware reqs/recommended are so high Its almost obvious that EA is screwing the pooch on the games conversion.

EA huh? Think you mean Take Two?

8. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 13:35 elefunk

Oh bullshit on the "high requirements" complaining. Nearly every game released for the last year has been perfectly capable of running at high/highest detail settings on recommended. If you don't have a quad core, sure, you might not be running at max details, but you'll still easily be running the game at detail levels comparable to what the consoles are running at.

Obviously, if you meet the recommended specs, you'll be running at detail levels that destroy the shit out of the console versions.

7. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 13:14 Fion

No the delay is clearly because Left 4 Dead releases the same day as GTA4 was going to and L4D is a monster with the biggest pre-sale/pre-order numbers ever for Valve.

Though the hardware reqs/recommended are so high Its almost obvious that EA is screwing the pooch on the games conversion.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2008, 13:16.

6. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 10:46 Jackplug

Aslong as they are not sticking DRM on it Im buying it.  

5. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 07:37 Bludd

Either they screwed the pooch and the PC version will suck or they are taking extra time to make it better. I hope it's the latter, but I fear it's the first.  

4. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 05:29 InBlack

I think you are right Opti, afaik this is the first game to recommend a quad core. Heh. Interesting...  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 04:58 Optimaximal

Is this officially the first game to recommend (i.e. require) a Quad-core processor?  

2. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 04:45 InBlack

I think im going to get lost in the wasteland...  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: GTA4 PC Delay Confirmed Oct 31, 2008, 03:00 Caveman

Good I say, Left 4 Dead is out on the 18th anyways.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo