Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Boo! Happy Halloween! As is our usual dorky way we are going to dress up the doggies for this evening to delight and amuse the trick-or-treaters and their parents. One or two children are invariably frightened by the pups as well, but nobody ever gets too badly traumatized, so I guess that's just the trick part in action. Anyway, hopefully I'll be more on top of things today than I was yesterday so I can wrap things up early enough to hand out some candy.

Candied Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Halloween Bubble.
GraveShift. Thanks Jay is Games.
Zombie Baseball.
Links: Best Video Game Pumpkins & Jack-O-Lanterns. Thanks Digg.
Exceptional Nerd-tastic Pumpkin Carvings.
Stories: Coventry man has transformed a front yard into a blood-and-gore spectacle.
A Future for Futurama? Thanks Digg.
Science: Enceladus Rev 91 Flyby (Preview of Cassini Spacecraft Activities Around Saturn). Thanks Jim.
Real-life Tony Starks. Thanks scorsese.fan.
Media: Macintosh Virus Discovered. And the Oscar goes to…
Awesome Stop Motion Mega Man.
The Price is Fail.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2008, 05:28  Xymph 

umm, there is a link somewhere - just search for dog Halloween. He has posted them before....
Yes, these are last year's pics.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Real-life Tony Starks. Oct 31, 2008, 21:58 Kxmode

Cyberdyne, a company just outside of Tokyo, has manufactured a robotic suit...

I just about fell out of my chair. Wasn't Cyberdyne responsible for creating Terminators?!

12. Re: Happy Halloween! Oct 31, 2008, 20:04 Kxmode

As is our usual dorky way we are going to dress up the doggies for this evening to delight and amuse the trick-or-treaters and their parents.

Blues Clues!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2008, 19:24 xXBatmanXx

umm, there is a link somewhere - just search for dog Halloween. He has posted them before....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2008, 15:26 PHJF

I've done a LOT of exploring in Fallout, hit the 20-lvl-cap two hours ago, and really the only thing interesting I've come across is this.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj316/PHJF/lincoln.jpg

Quest rewards are hardly ever worth anything and exploring rarely leads to finds like the item above.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2008, 12:25 banddirector

Yep. Pics please.

X2

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2008, 11:10 shul

Yep. Pics please.  

7. Re: Happy Halloween! Oct 31, 2008, 09:06 Learning

Good mourning Blue I'm wondering if you ever sleep?  

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

6. Re: Happy Halloween! Oct 31, 2008, 08:42 InBlack

Yeah give us pics of doggies to get rid of the spooky gloom!  

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Happy Halloween! Oct 31, 2008, 08:38 kanniballl

For some reason I get deppressed on Halloween, maybe because its a distinctly American holiday that has taken over the rest of the world, sort of like Santa Claus

The idea of Father Christmas was around well before Thomas Nast made him an even more popular figure. And of course his depiction is now what many people think of when people say Father Christmas or Santa.

But of all of the things people blame America for, I guess publicizing Santa is probably one of the more friendly complaints.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Happy Halloween! Oct 31, 2008, 08:11 nin

as is our usual dorky way we are going to dress up the doggies for this evening to delight and amuse the trick-or-treaters and their parents.

Pics or it didn't happen! You dressing up the dogs is one of the many little things I love about your site, Blue!

And yeah, to echo Cutter's comments, everybody have fun, but be safe!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2008, 07:10 xXBatmanXx

Anyone live in Detriot?

I assume banks are secretly hiring people to torch foreclosed houses so they can collect on insurance....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

2. Re: Happy Halloween! Oct 31, 2008, 06:27 InBlack

For some reason I get deppressed on Halloween, maybe because its a distinctly American holiday that has taken over the rest of the world, sort of like Santa Claus

Or maybe its the goth and emo parties, their over-intense atmosphere and manic-depressive character.

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Happy Halloween! Oct 31, 2008, 06:23 Cutter

Woo! My fave time of year! Going out with friends tomorrow night to a huge par-tay! The freak will be gotten on!!!

Lookin' forward to Huddy and the Gun-man in their costumes, Blue!

Have a fun, happy, and safe Hallows-eve all!

Yr. pal
Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo