Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gaming Reality TV

Reuters reports that the Sci Fi channel has plans for a reality television show called GamerQuest in which a dozen contestants will compete in a series of video game challenges in "top game titles from various studios," to determine "the best all-around gamer in the United States." Of course nothing reflects video game skill more than physical challenges (huh?), so the program will also include "physical challenges that bring video games to life," so put down those Doritos if you aspire to compete here. The game will also feature elimination challenges "in an arena before hundreds of spectators," and prizes include $100,000 and trips to future World Cyber Games events. The program is set to premiere early next year, and Samsung Electronics has signed on as a production partner.

View
1. Re: Gaming Reality TV Oct 30, 2008, 09:24 Zzet

I predict that they slightly overestimated in the number of spectators for this - from my experience, watching people play games is really not that interesting at all, and if you have to pay to watch them then you might as well just buy the game and play it yourself.

But, that's me. I'm sure enthusiasts of video gaming competitions in general will watch this sort of stuff, but it's filler T.V. at best.

Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Oct 30, 09:24 Re: Gaming Reality TV Zzet
  2. Oct 30, 09:30  No subject J
  3. Oct 30, 09:50   Re: Gaming Reality TV InBlack
  4. Oct 30, 10:07 Re: Gaming Reality TV Wallshadows
  5. Oct 30, 11:14  Re: Gaming Reality TV the_culture
  6. Oct 30, 12:45 Re: Gaming Reality TV KilrathiAce
  7. Oct 30, 14:01  Re: Gaming Reality TV Jerykk
  8. Oct 30, 19:01 Re: Gaming Reality TV Hyatus
  9. Oct 30, 20:51  Re: Gaming Reality TV Kedyn

footer