Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix

Widescreen Gaming Forum has a homebrew fix for the widescreen FOV issue recently identified in Far Cry 2, Ubisoft's recently released shooter sequel. The fix was created by Racer_S, who also created a homebrew fix for similar problems in BioShock. Thanks Derek.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 21:20 xXBatmanXx

Damn, wish I had the setup in the 3rd shot! wow.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 20:27 Krovven

Aero, there is a new update supposedly fixing those problems. http://tocaedit.com  

16. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 14:09 Aero

Clear Sky was pretty good, I enjoyed it. I do want some re-spawning though. This is the biggest problem with Clear Sky--after a while there is hardly anyone left to fight.

The single biggest disappointing thing about FC2, IMO, is the lack of factions. From the previews, I kind of got the impression that you could become friendly to one faction or at the very least neutral until some faction has it in for you.

As it is, everyone outside of the city tries to kill you on sight. There are no civilians, nothing but baddies. Because of the re-spawning, I'm sometimes hitting the same checkpoint every five minutes.

You should get at least a half-an hour before they respawn.

I do like it a lot though, it's one of the best games I've played in a while. Clear Sky and Far Cry 2 are the only games in recent memory I've been impressed with. If Clear Sky had the true open-spaces and the incredible seamless presentation of FC2, that would be the best game ever...seriously. The best. Better than Tetris.

ed: Oh, I've tried the widescreen fix. Doesn't quite work. You end up with too many lighting artifacts the wider the FOV becomes, and I don't want it quite as wide as most people seem to, so they may see even more.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2008, 14:11.

15. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 13:19 Bone43

STALKER Clear Sky

Which has enough problems of its own right now.

I havent had that many problems with the game other than script errors in side quest, plus there already a ton of user mods and fixs out there such as allowing you to continue in free play after the end the game.
As a whole its much more of a PC shooter than what Ive seen in the 10 hours of far cry 2 which feels like a console port threw and threw it all right but not what I expected.
The constant driving and respawn at check points get old fast. feels like it was made to make the game longer because you have to stop and fight around ever corner even if you just drove threw 2 minutes earlier. what I would like to see is if you clear a area it at least takes a day or so for the enemy to return.

So far from what Ive seen of Far cry 2 Stalker clear sky is the better game much more immersive and gritty. maybe not as good as the original stalker which is one of the best games Ive played.

14. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 13:13 Bludd

But STALKER CS is a better game. More atmospheric, more sophisticated factions, better UI, better controls and just plain cooler.  

13. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 12:59 Wildone

this seems like a waste of time, it'll actually cut off your viewing space..if your really crazy about the black bars just tape some black cardboard to the top/bottom of your monitor and the problem is solved sheesh..  

12. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 12:06 Buckle Down

Is any exclusive PC FPS game coming out this season?

STALKER Clear Sky
Which has enough problems of its own right now.

11. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 09:59 AcidDrone

it is in far cry 2 its just the progamers are qqing about fov.

10. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 08:05 Prez

You mean "Ess Te Ell Ay Kay Ee Arr: Clear Sky"?

That made me R.O.F.L

I still cannot for the life of me understand why the hell widescreen support is not in every single game released today. It's inexcusable.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 06:23 Bludd

Y.E.S.  

8. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 06:22 PHJF

you mean "Ess Tee Ay Ell Kay Ee Arr: Clear Sky"?

[edit] now that i have had some sleep i can correct my reference.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2008, 09:37.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 01:49 Bludd

Is any exclusive PC FPS game coming out this season?

STALKER Clear Sky

6. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 01:07 LittleMe

Just looking at the comparison screenshots clearly shows how very narrow the default FOV is.

I'm fine with console games on PC but just admit it is a console game on PC. Is any exclusive PC FPS game coming out this season? Crysis Warhead? That's it?

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2008, 01:20.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 00:21 Jackal

it doesnt work for me, just tends to give black bars and bottom is messed up / glitched textures.  

4. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 00:08 theyarecomingforyou

And this is guaranteed to get you kicked in multiplayer games. If it's going to be addressed I'd rather see the developers do it. Personally I don't have a problem with the default widescreen mode.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

3. Communities Oct 24, 2008, 22:29 Kxmode

Gaming communities are the best! They generally rally together to find solutions to problems that the publisher is either unable, unwilling, or too slow to fix. I mean if it wasn't for the videodriver2go.com community I'd be in video driver purgatory.  

2. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 24, 2008, 22:29 sinew

or...

UBI=gamey ass-bugs

1. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 24, 2008, 21:34 Donkey_Punch

UBI=buggy ass games.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo