Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Prey for Linux Demo

Icculus.org announces that the Linux client for Prey is complete, and will be soon be available to allow penguin-powered PCs to play this first-person shooter from Human Head Studios and 3D Realms (a copy of the Windows game will be required to run the Linux version). In the meantime, a playable demo is available, and feedback on the demo will be used to fine-tune the full version before it's released. While the full version of Linux Prey will be multiplayer compatible with the Windows version, the demo is not, but the Linux demo is multiplayer compatible with the Mac demo "if you turn off Pure Server."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 24, 2008, 18:23 beaves

Prey has always worked in Linux under wine, like most games that have opengl. The doom3 engine games work fine. It may just be some scripts for easier installation.
This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 18:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 24, 2008, 07:25 Wesp5

While nothing absolutely spectacular, Prey had a lot of cool things for a normal shooter like the portals and the wall walking and the gravity switching and the ghost walking!  

5. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 24, 2008, 04:48 rist3903

Pray for Bobo.  

4. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 23, 2008, 23:55 Trashy

I never got around to playing the game... I may get the Linux version seeing that it's available.

I Switched to Linux full time 5 years and go and haven't looked back. I have 3 lifetimes worth of games so not too concerned with not playing every single new game that comes out.. WoW plays excellent with Wine. got CoD4 working with a bunch of tweaking...

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 00:01.

3. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 23, 2008, 23:22 Kxmode

an OS equivalent of a bargain bin  

2. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 23, 2008, 22:57 monkay

While it's always nice to see more games being made available on Linux, does anyone still care about this game?

lol I guess.

1. Re: Prey for Linux Demo Oct 23, 2008, 22:32 theyarecomingforyou

lol?  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo