Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Beta in 2009?

OMG StarCraft.com has video interview highlights from BlizzCon 2008 talking with Chris Sigaty and Samwise Didier about StarCraft II. Various topics are covered, including the reasons for splitting Blizzard's RTS sequel into a trilogy, and along the way they state they hope to start beta testing StarCraft II sometime next year, saying "hopefully as soon as possible after the new year, but, you know, there's no specific date at this point." Thanks StarCraftWire.Net.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 24, 2008, 00:35 VultureMAN

The assumption that Fanbois ( a net and convention term) are no longer fanatics about some game after they get a life (graduate, marriage, kids, etc).

For the rest of us we will play the other games that are PC titles and wait and see what happens.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 20:24 sponge

I understand internet time moves fast, but since when was 10 years considered a generation?

Also, what the heck is a fanboi? Is that a Frenchman version of a fanboy?
This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2008, 20:25.

10. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 19:57 Minneyar

Because by the time this game sees daylight, they will have graduated,, married and had kids.

You realize that pretty much everybody who was a fan of the original SC when it came out has already gotten a degree and a job in the real world by now, right? Heck, most of my coworkers have fond memories of Starcraft or Diablo II LAN parties when they were in college.

It's ok to play video games after you're not in high school any more. You don't have to stop being one of the cool kids.

9. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 15:52 VultureMAN

Well Blizzard finally made it uncool to be one of their Fanbois.
Because by the time this game sees daylight, they will have graduated,, married and had kids.

Don't worry Blizzard maybe you can convince their kids to be fanbois: the next generation.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2008, 17:03.

8. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 15:51 Kxmode

8 years in the making, and they still need the public to beta this? you'd think this game would be made in Korea, out in 6 months time.

Wrong genre of game...

7. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 15:04 Cyanotetyphas

Blizzard is proud to announce that their "closed" open closed beta will be split into three phases, so that now fans can get more beta than ever! We don't really want to talk about pricing for beta keys right now but we're aiming for the $20-$30 range, which is half the price of a new game or gold Starcraft installment, and less than 5 double cheese burgers!  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

6. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 14:26 Dades

When they announced it as three separate titles I totally lost interest. I never played SC for battle.net, I just loved the singleplayer stuff and don't feel like waiting the usual 2-3 years between Blizzard product cycles.

I saw the game anyways at BlizzCon and wasn't really floored by it. It looked fun but they haven't really pushed the envelope at all which was disappointing. It's smart business but ultimately I expected some innovation, especially given their ludicrous financial position.

5. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 14:14 everyone

Wow, only 4 comments on such a "StarCraft II" news? But 21 postings on "FarCry 2"?

I guess Blizzard somehow succeeded in pissing their not too fanboyish fans off with their latest great ideas.

4. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 12:46 Fibrocyte

8 years in the making, and they still need the public to beta this? you'd think this game would be made in Korea, out in 6 months time.

Mark Jacobs? Is that you?

3. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 11:55 NobleAtreides

2. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 11:27 Dades

It's three separate beta programs spaced 3 years apart.  

1. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 10:09 InBlack

Is that the closed closed Beta, or the "Open" closed Beta??  

I have a nifty blue line!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo