Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Amazon Buys Reflexive

Reflexive Entertainment (Wik and the Fable of Souls) announces it has been acquired by Amazon.com, indicating this deal is about their distribution platform and casual gaming: "As I'm sure you can all imagine this is a very exciting day for us at Reflexive. It means we'll be able to expand our distribution network to include Amazon's amazing distribution channel. With Amazon we will bring a huge new group of customers into play. At Reflexive we have always prided ourselves on maintaining good relationships with everyone in the industry, and are excited that Amazon shares that philosophy. We intend to provide the best distribution platform anywhere, and to continue working openly with all the participants of the casual games space. Together it is our priority to continue this inclusive attitude going forward."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Amazon Buys Reflexive Oct 22, 2008, 15:55 Bucky

I know them from Ricochet primarily, been playing their versions for a long time now. I actually just picked up Ricochet Infinity via Steam for $5, at that price it's a freakin' steal.

Edit: Whoa....a .sig divider! Gonna have to remove mine now.
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 15:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Amazon Buys Reflexive Oct 22, 2008, 09:25 Shadowcat

Who?
You know, the people who published Crimsonland.

4. Re: Amazon Buys Reflexive Oct 22, 2008, 06:45 Bluesfanboi

I know Reflexive as the name behind Swarm and Ricochet, both fun arcade games that had a lot of panache that I still play every now and then.

3. Re: Amazon Buys Reflexive Oct 22, 2008, 06:14 Reactor

Typically you'd be right, but that is something the Reflexive guys have worked hard at from day one. It's more than words- they're well respected in the casual gaming scene for working openly with people.

2. Re: Amazon Buys Reflexive Oct 22, 2008, 05:16 Kxmode

"As I'm sure you can all imagine this is a very exciting day for us at Reflexive. It means we'll be able to expand our distribution network to include Amazon's amazing distribution channel. With Amazon we will bring a huge new group of customers into play. At Reflexive we have always prided ourselves on maintaining good relationships with everyone in the industry, and are excited that Amazon shares that philosophy. We intend to provide the best distribution platform anywhere, and to continue working openly with all the participants of the casual games space. Together it is our priority to continue this inclusive attitude going forward."

This is the kind of PR happy talk Suits conjure up when they're sleep deprived and malnourished.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 05:18.

1. Re: Amazon Buys Reflexive Oct 22, 2008, 05:13 NKD

Who?

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo