Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mythic on The Old Republic

WAR State of the Game Interview with Mark Jacobs, Part Two on Ten Ton Hammer concludes a conversation with Mythic's Mark Jacobs about Warhammer Online and related topics. The conversation took place prior to the official announcement of Star Wars: The Old Republic (story), but Mark welcomed the game with open arms: "I obviously know what the title is - and have known for quite awhile. You've got a great bunch of guys working on this title. My respect for Bioware runs VERY deep. I've said this before in a number of interviews that they are absolutely one of the premiere developers in the industry. I have also gotten to know Ray and Greg better since they've been a part of EA and my respect for them has only grown. I think that given their expertise and talent - and all the guys that are involved with it, whether they're in the North or South studio - I think the game is going to be a good thing no matter what they announce it as being. In this industry, we need more successful games. The more successes we can have, the more the industry will expand. It doesn't matter whether it's a fantasy, sci-fi, horror, or whatever they are, we need more successful titles period. I really look forward to what they're working on."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 18:06 The Half Elf

Steele, I'm still waiting for Wookies in SWG to be treated like 3rd class citizens instead of leftover filler.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 18:02 Steele Johnson

As long as I can be a wookie, I'm in.  

12. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 16:35 Ozmodan

Bioware could not write a decent MMO if their lives depended on it. All this piece of trash is, is a multiplayer version of Kotor.

Leave it to Bioware to stink up the genre with another loser.

As to Mark Jacobs, he is a lawyer by trade, mascarading as a game company CEO. Pretty much all I need to say.
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 16:38.

11. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 11:24 Soylent Bob

Mark won't be so flattered when this game cracks a million subs and EA shuts down his studio to give their keys to the MMO kingdom to Bioware.

10. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 10:52 Fibrocyte

Subpar Wow Clone...lol. If anything is a clone..Wow is it. Get your head out of your ass.

Coming from the guy whose name is a palindrome.

9. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 10:15 carnom

I wonder how long until Mark is flattered that Bioware is copying ideas in WAR?

*sarcastically flattered

8. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 09:39 InBlack

I see it already, thousands of Jedi vs thousands of Sith.

And no space combat.....*sigh*

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 04:59 Kxmode

Shouldnt this guy spend more time working on his new game instead of talking and giving non-stop interviews on every random thing in the industry?

FastFood Weekly Interviews Mythic's Mark Jacobs on the current state of French Fries and whether or not the industry can make them fresher, and tastier. When ask about this pressing matter his reply shed light on the matter. "French Fries are absolutely wonderful. With ketchup, and occasionally mustard, they are great with just about anything tasty. The truest test of any fast-food chain can simply be summed up with how tasty their french fries are." Mark further explains, "When we worked on Warhammer Online I could recall many late night runs to our local fastfood establishment for some tasty burgers and shakes. But the french fries were definitely the cornerstone of those meals!" Indeed. A man of many words... and fries.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 05:06.

6. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 04:21 Xirix

Subpar Wow Clone...lol. If anything is a clone..Wow is it. Get your head out of your ass.

5. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 04:12 peteham

they are absolutely one of the premiere developers in the industry
And all that talent is now going to waste making an MMO Bring me KOTOR singleplayer please, not yet another generic grind where the biggest impact you can hope to make in the hopelessly static&rigid world is removing yellow exclamation-marks over questgivers' heads..

Or give me more X-Wing/TIE-fighter goodness. The space-sim genre is highly underrated. Imagine a space-trader game like Freelancer set in the days of the old republic. Droolworthy indeed.

On an interesting sidenote, my Dead Space pre-order arrived today, and while watching the intro where you drop out of hyperspace in your mini-rescue-ship into this nice vista of planet & debris, I suddenly found myself thinking "damn, I wish this game was about piloting this ship around the galaxy"

4. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 03:56 Scottso

Who the heck is this guy and why does anyone care what the he has to say about anything? He makes a sub par WoW clone and now he's the expert on all things MMO? I don't get it.

3. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 02:05 Finalnight

Shouldnt this guy spend more time working on his new game instead of talking and giving non-stop interviews on every random thing in the industry?

2. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 01:48 Kxmode

Oh great! Instead of dealing with one big behemoth SHILL you have tiny proxy shills.  

1. Re: Mythic on The Old Republic Oct 22, 2008, 01:24 Sencho

I wonder how long until Mark is flattered that Bioware is copying ideas in WAR?

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo