Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

One Cut WAR Class Not Returning

Eurogamer follows up on news that two of the classes cut from the design for Warhammer Online before the release of the MMORPG will be added in a future update (story). They have news that one of the Dwarf Hammerer and Greenskin Choppa, the other two classes that were axed, will not be restored as planned (story). Mark Jacobs says: "I can't tell you which yet, that's a surprise. We're probably going to be replacing one and putting in another class in its place. But we'll be talking about that in a few months." The bottom line is that they will be adding four classes to the game in the future, just not necessarily the four people are expecting.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 21:55 Paranoid Jack

Please, explain the imbalances as you see them. I know you think the BW is over-powered... maybe you can start there?

I see highs and lows for all the classes I am currently playing. At times they seem over-powered until I see the guy I just took out so easily was a low level player. Just as I imagine he isn't too happy with my stomping him. But I bet he looked at my level and quickly came to terms with his demise.

I get tired of the RvR action occasionally too. So I mix it up with solo and group questing. I also realize the games RvR is mainly designed to be played as part of a team. And not primarily for solo PvP. I'm fine with that since the game offers a good variety.

One thing I hope they add more of is dungeons or instances that can be done solo or as a small group.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 20:24 Ravor

I wish they would fix the existing class imbalances instead of releasing more fucking classes.

9. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 19:02 danebramage

The bottom line is that they will be adding four classes to the game in the future, just not necessarily the four people are expecting.

We here at Mythic are proud to announce our newest class additions to WAR: Warrior, Mage, Rogue and Priest. All that Warhammer stuff just was not working out.

8. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 17:19 Zyrxil

"Which one of the meals you ate today did we poison? We guarantee, you will be surprised!"

7. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 15:16 Mikus_Aurelius

It's not fun? Each warhammer class is a unique combination of a archetype (tank, healer, nuker, etc) and a mechanic (rage, combo points, pets, stances, etc). If the mechanic they've chosen isn't fun they basically need to scrap the class and start over.

6. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 14:31 The Half Elf

I have to ask.. what is so wrong with the class that not only did it have to be pulled to make the initial launch date, but so bad it cannot be added at a later date?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 14:24 Slink

It had better be the Slayer... the Order needs a crazy class like that.  
My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

4. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 14:14 Brubold

Dwarf Slayers coming to a WAR client near you!

3. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 13:34 Jackal

no the class thatll be added will be greenskin.

solely because they already gave all the choppa skills to the blackorc

2. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 12:37 RazorWynd

I WANT SKAVEEEEEEEEEN  
Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

1. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 12:34 Fibrocyte

It gives me great pride to announce that I will be making an announcement in the future. I cannot give you details at this time other than announcing in this announcement that a future announcement will be made.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo