Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

X3: Terran Conflict Patch

A patch for X3: Terran Conflict updates EGOSOFT's space combat sequel to version 1.2. The new version adds a new mission, enables mouse control for external views, improved boarding functionality, UI enhancements, and more. The download is available from AtomicGamer, FanGaming, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: The new UI is pretty slick Oct 18, 2008, 00:45 Bundy

I didn't mind the mouse control in Freelancer, I love the flightstick sure, but sometimes I'm just too lazy to bring it out and get it all set up. Sounds like it should be worth it though, thanks Creston.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. The new UI is pretty slick Oct 17, 2008, 21:03 Creston

People that hated the old UI will probably enjoy the mouse driven UI in TC a lot more. Pretty much everything is now context sensitive and clickable.

To me clicking targets in space seems weird, so I'm flying in classic mode, but whatever floats your boat.

Creston

7. Re: ... Oct 17, 2008, 17:06 Bundy

Ya, I really REALLY wanted to like the last X3 game. But the very poor UI and gameplay just ruined it. I hope it was improved this time around. I want to like this game.

6. Re: ... Oct 17, 2008, 16:21 Quboid

I once had someone at school insist that Internet Explorer 6 was better than Opera 5 because 6 is higher than 5.

I think I killed them. I hope so.

- Quboid

- Quboid

5. No subject Oct 17, 2008, 14:54 Aero

I'd be interested, specifically, to know what people think about the new UI. From reading the dev blog, it seems entirely different, but IMO this is probably a good thing. That was my single biggest gripe about the X3 UI. Once you thoroughly learn it, it's okay, but it's hardly intuitive.

I think I'm going to pick it up if for no other reason because I buy all of the X games.

I'm just hoping it improves on most of my complaints, which seems to at least be somewhat the case. The whole marines and docking thing sounds, frankly, awesome.

4. Re: ... Oct 17, 2008, 14:54 Buckle Down

They probably have patches with those revisions already finished internally and don't bother renumbering them for release.
All kidding aside, I'm sure that's exactly what it is. This is obvious to anyone that has ever had a coding job.

3. Re: ... Oct 17, 2008, 14:46 Bundy

They probably have patches with those revisions already finished internally and don't bother renumbering them for release. I'm in the software biz, it's not uncommon. Although I admit, it does appear a little silly. But I want to ask about this game. Is it any good? Anyone try it? I love space sims and there's just so few quality ones out. I have played Freespace 2 to death.

2. Re: ... Oct 17, 2008, 14:38 Buckle Down

How can it be up to a 1.2 patch when it was only released yesterday? Surely it should be 1.1, or 1.01? It might as well be 2.73 or 15.8 if they're just going to pull numbers out of their rear.
The funny thing with numbers is you can just pick any you want! I'm calling this release....version 31249038741280947312890.234. See? Isn't that neat? I don't know how much sleep I'd be losing over a version number personally...

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2008, 14:39.

1. ... Oct 17, 2008, 14:36 theyarecomingforyou

How can it be up to a 1.2 patch when it was only released yesterday? Surely it should be 1.1, or 1.01? It might as well be 2.73 or 15.8 if they're just going to pull numbers out of their rear.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo