Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: Game Reviews Oct 21, 2008, 11:20 Dades

InBlack, if you ever added anything worthwhile to a discussion it would be a miracle. All you do is post to insult individual users. Do you have any thoughts on the game other than poor spelling and aggression for other forum users?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: No subject Oct 17, 2008, 04:34 InBlack

Funny thing about Beamer, he didnt even read my posts all the way through, he just gave me some "hate" without realising I share his opinnion that Bethesda actually has something with Fallout3. I guess its true what they say about attention spans I guess...

I have a nifty blue line!

51. Re: No subject Oct 17, 2008, 01:35 Kxmode

the "reviewer" sound too over-angry to take what he says as truth.

French people tend to be like that. Its just their nature. I work with a French guy who calls our client "morons" to their face... and they love it. I'm still trying to figure that out.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2008, 01:37.

50. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 20:48 siapnar

That would require Bethesda to release mod tools.

I forgot about that fact.. kinda (see: really) sucks.

Well, maybe they'll do so in a future update, or they may just release the game on PC, then ignore our existence and instead focus on the money-makers called consoles. Seems to be the trend these days.
This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 20:49.

I have projectile dysfunction.

49. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 20:37 Jerykk

Either way I'm sure, just like Oblivion, there will be some kick-ass mods and fixes for the game that will make it awesome or at least above par for you guys.

That would require Bethesda to release mod tools.

48. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 20:33 dubfanatic

It is absolutely clear to me that this guy has an agenda and is probably a covert NMA clown or something like that.

OMG IT'S A CONSPIRACY, a conspiracy to smear MY FALLOUT

INVESTIGATE NMA
GAMERS FOR NMA TRUTH

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 20:34.

47. No subject Oct 16, 2008, 20:10 space captain

its gonna be awesome when the game turns out to be little less than mediocre, and all you righteously indignant buttfucks cant swallow your pride enough to admit it

i will continue to laugh at you then, as well - BECAUSE IM FUCKING BETTER THAN YOU

Go forth, and kill!

46. No subject Oct 16, 2008, 19:23 siapnar

I'm a casual RPG gamer, which is why I love Oblivion. It's a sort of dumbed down, action-oriented RPG, which appeals to me as a primarily FPS player (see: moron, according to some people).
Since Fallout 3 is no doubt , as some of you guys put it, "Oblivion with guns" I'll probably love it too.
Even though VATS seems kind of a ridiculous gimmick, having a turn-based type mechanic in a shooter, and the animations for NPC's is robotic at best, there are a lot of things to like about this game.

So, sorry some of you Fallout fans hate the supposed abomination that is Fallout 3 being released upon us...
Not sure why you deem it terrible already though, since you haven't played it yourselves and can't contrive your own opinion of it yet.

Either way I'm sure, just like Oblivion, there will be some kick-ass mods and fixes for the game that will make it awesome or at least above par for you guys.

I have projectile dysfunction.

45. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 18:36 Bet

A lot of the "facts" that he lists against the game sound like someone was running around with a magnifying glass on a desperate search for things that suck.

He gave VATS a good going over, and you don't need a magnifying glass to see that catastrophe. Bethesda seems more proud of that feature than any other in the game from all the pre-release hype. You watch a few official videos and you'll realize that VATS is just super-auto-aim...lame. Playing with it off (unless forced by gameplay reasons), I can aim for myself, thanks, that's why I prefer keyboard/mouse.

Though it sounds like even though it's optional, it'll be mandatory to get past some areas. Fantastic!

If you actually think VATS is a good gameplay mechanic (whoo slow motion critical hit generator!), then good for you. I'm already sick of it from the half dozen videos of it I've seen it used over and over in. (P)review hit that nail on the head.

44. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 18:22 CJ_Parker

So some of you are questioning the comments in the preview/review. You are saying that just because the comments are more negative than other places on the web, does not make the preview/review more honest. Well if you read the comments, they are actually backed by factual information. All opinions are good when are backed up by facts. If you read the review you will see facts that justify the opinion. That is the essence of a good preview/review.

Yep. Except that this piece of shit article sounds like your typical "OMG Bethesda is raping FO!!11!" NMA idiot. A lot of the "facts" that he lists against the game sound like someone was running around with a magnifying glass on a desperate search for things that suck. Then he blew it way out of proportion.
It is absolutely clear to me that this guy has an agenda and is probably a covert NMA clown or something like that. This piece of toilet paper is just not to be taken seriously just like the uber glowingly positive (p)reviews aren't to be taken seriously either, of course.

43. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 18:00 Fion

Wow.... that Fallout 3 'review' is not nice at all. Not one bit.

42. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 17:28 the_culture

Hey Blue, you may want to check the forum security settings. I think Pete Hines hijacked Beamer's account and started posting.

41. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 16:34 Jerykk

Most people in this thread were complaining from the moment it was announced due simply to it being a first person adventure game instead of third person RPG.

No, we complained because Bethesda was making it and Oblivion was pretty much the antithesis of Fallout.

Before we had a clue what would happen with the RPG elements people were complaining.
Regardless, can't you still strip those out and make a fun Fallout game?

Ahem. Need I remind you of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel?

Rich universes can be viewed from many different angles.

The Fallout universe really isn't all that rich. It's a typical post-apocalyptic setting infused with some 50's pulp. There isn't a lot of lore or backstory. What defined Fallout was its gameplay, not the setting.

Fallout 2 is one of the best games ever made. I wouldn't expect ANY game to live up to that.

Shouldn't a sequel be superior to its predecessors? If it isn't, what's the point of making a sequel?

40. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 16:07 Overon

So some of you are questioning the comments in the preview/review. You are saying that just because the comments are more negative than other places on the web, does not make the preview/review more honest. Well if you read the comments, they are actually backed by factual information. All opinions are good when are backed up by facts. If you read the review you will see facts that justify the opinion. That is the essence of a good preview/review.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 16:26.

39. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 16:00 Cutter

The impression given by the NMA forum is of a miserable bunch of sad nostalgic saps who nightly jam their cocks into a big box edition of Fallout trying to recapture long forgotten glory. Time to move out of mom's basement boys (or is it 30-something men?), get a job, a girlfriend and move on in life - Fallout in its original form is never coming back.

Says the Bethsoft famboy. Why don't YOU pull your nose out of their ass, try actually playing the originals, and understanding why we hold a game TITLED Fallout 3 to a higher standard than the mindless garbage idiots like you are accustomed to. Just because YOU don't have a girlfriend, and YOU don't have a real job, and YOU still live in parents baement, doesn't mean the developers are going to consider you their cool little buddy when they shit in a bowl and tell you it's ice cream and laugh all the way to bank as you eagerly scarf it all down. Fuck you and Bethesda and the gay horse that rode you both in on!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

38. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 15:31 dubfanatic

We all love the Fallout universe. We've all been clamoring for a new Fallout game.

YOU LOVE FALLOUT

YOU WANT FALLOUT

BUY

37. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 15:23 Beamer

I can, however, say that numerous design decisions that have been reported I find... distasteful.

Agreed. VATs more than anything. But nothing is worth the bile spewed at the game and developer thus far.

Oh, I see, because the series that you liked have been butchered, that makes it "ok" to butcher other series?

Did I say that? No.
I said that it actually looks like a fun game is coming for Fallout, but one that isn't exactly Fallout. It's better than a series being completely ruined. I, for one, look forward to going back to that universe.

They can include the "3" all they want - as long as they take the "Fallout" part out. As for the drooling issue, apparently you've managed to play the game, and have managed to make up other people's minds about what they think about it. What are you doing wasting your time posting here for?

But it's in the same universe. Gameplay changes aside, same universe = same name. Tie Fighter and Jedi Knight had very different gameplay yet were still Star Wars, were they not?

And I've made up no minds. We all love the Fallout universe. We've all been clamoring for a new Fallout game. We're getting it. And most of us just whine without giving it a chance. Most people in this thread were complaining from the moment it was announced due simply to it being a first person adventure game instead of third person RPG. It's the style change they've been unable to get past.

Two completely incorrect assumptions here, but I'll lump them together. First, I would much rather no one made another Fallout game than someone make a poor Fallout game. One only need look at that tarnish that Master of Orion 3 put on the MoO franchise to show how a poor game can ruin a reputation.

Second, the issue with Fallout 3 has never been about the perspective. Although I'd point to Neverwinter Nights 2 as being a recent RPG that is isometric and pseudo turn based). The issue was whether they could capture the spirit of the previous Fallouts. This included a substantial degree of moral ambiguity, and a focus on developing a specific type of character. Both of these things, based on the reports of this preview, are completely lacking in the game.

I think I already covered the reputation thing with my mention of X-COM and JA, but you were quick to dismiss it. Interesting to see you bring the point back.

And you're incorrect. Go find the Blues posts where Fallout 3 was announced and look at all the whining about perspective. Before we had a clue what would happen with the RPG elements people were complaining.
Regardless, can't you still strip those out and make a fun Fallout game? The gameplay elements were crucial parts of Fallout, it's true, but it's really the universe that defined it. You could take those same gameplay elements and apply it to a different game and be fine, but you can't do the same with the universe (just look at Baldur's Gate and Planescape.) Yet you can make a great game in a similar universe. Rich universes can be viewed from many different angles. Just look at what's been done with Warcraft's.

Good to see your lowered expectations.

Not exactly. And it's standards that you meant, really.
Fallout 2 is one of the best games ever made. I wouldn't expect ANY game to live up to that.
A game can be excellent and near flawless and still not meet the Fallout 2 bar.
But that doesn't mean the game isn't a ton of fun.

Some of you would complain if this game turned out to be the second best you've ever played.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

36. No subject Oct 16, 2008, 15:18 dubfanatic

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE

ROBBLE

35. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 15:13 Beamer

Dont you just love these "holier than thou" posts where someone comes along and blames EVERYBODY on Bluesnews for something or other.

I didn't blame everyone. I blamed a group of people.

Like this post. I'm not blaming everyone. I'm blaming you.
Don't you love when people assume every post is directed to them?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

34. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 14:52 Brother None

I'll be shocked beyond sense if the future collection of reviews made by or posted at NMA tends to agree with the rest of the world

What do you base this one? NMA has so far posted every single preview we've seen, from the negative to the estatic, and has posted on every review we have tidbits for, including the highly positive PC Jeux - which was the very first review we posted on. We even posted about OXM's 10/10 even though I have yet to see this score with my own eyes - highly irregular since it's basically a rumour, but we figured people would want to know about this 10/10. Right above the French review is the Polish Click! review which is pretty positive.

Seriously, do you even read NMA's frontpage regularly? You don't have to like us, hate the community all you want - can't say it's really bothered us much. But what you're saying about our frontpage newsposts is factually incorrect.

some no-name review,

CanardPC is one of the biggest gaming magazines in France.
This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 14:54.

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo