Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Something that's changed around here over the past several weeks is my effort to reduce the number of posts that use bullet points. One aspect of this has been to reduce the twice daily roundups of most non-game techie items like "mobilization" and "metaverse." At first I was adding these to the first post each morning, as it helped fill out the news when there aren't too many other stories. The other day it struck me that this made such bits far less timely, which is a bigger issue than those aesthetic considerations, so I've switched them to be part of the last scheduled post of each day. No big deal, but I thought I'd outline my thinking on this in case folks have feedback to share on how this is handled.

Handled Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: War Machines.
Links: The Top 7... toughest opening levels.
Top Video-Game Cities.
"Mature" games that are actually mature.
Story: Suit against God thrown out over lack of address.
Science: Fossil Fish Shows Complexity of Transition to Land.
Media: In Your Face. That took some big balls.
Ben Kenobi- Private JedEye. NSFW.
Extreme Weather Alert- Meteorologists Predict Brisk Autumn.
Follow-up: Having a ball with helper 'bots on Mars.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: styles Oct 16, 2008, 23:25 PHJF

Way back when my TI4600 fan died but there wasn't any real permanent damage. I got a 3rd-party fan and it worked as per usual.

But yeah, 4850 is best crad at around $180.

But for $250 you can get 4870.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. styles Oct 16, 2008, 20:52 subx

Seems that style choice isn't being applied until after the page has rendered now, so I'm dazzled by new blue for a couple of seconds before I'm returned to the peace and tranquility of retro colours

Oh and the 4850 is a great card.

14. GPU suggestions? Oct 16, 2008, 19:49 Ray Marden

Long story short, my graphics card is dead. I've been having some issues over the past month or so, but it outright died today. Popping open my case, the fan is not moving and that explains all my issues. This video card is not under warranty (it's not that old, but it's been a chain of upgraded replacements for a video card I purchased long, long ago.)

I have all of $0 right now after we had an improptu exit from our foreclosed apartment (which is where all my money I had set aside for a new computer went to...)

So I'm scraping up all the money I can, but I'm looking for something under the $200 range - can anybody offer any good suggestions? Nvidia? ATI? Is there a range of cards that is "okay?" What's the current steal (great performance to price ratio) of a card these days?
Florida SUCKS. Crap economy, backward people, pay to drive roads, no diversity, etc.
Edit: What about the HD 4850 from ATI? Or would the 9800GTX be better? Or something else?

Thanks in advance,
Ray

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 20:09.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

13. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 16:17 Krovven

I like VideoSift for their top 15 video on the right side of the screen.  

12. Re: I prefer them broken up, Blue Oct 16, 2008, 15:46 Cutter

??? ADD?

No, that's just how a NORMAL human brain functions. Something you wouldn't know about, Bats.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

11. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 14:00 DG

Ok, so I never saw the latest Indiana Jones movie in theaters.
awful, awful movie.

10. Re: I prefer them broken up, Blue Oct 16, 2008, 13:24 PHJF

Google did something crazy today, my iGoogle is all whacky now.

But they added options to the gmail tab, thank god, you can now do things other than "go to inbox"

9. Re: I prefer them broken up, Blue Oct 16, 2008, 12:52 xXBatmanXx

Huge lists are much harder to go through than several smaller ones.

??? ADD?

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 11:43 PHJF

And somehow Crystal Skull pulled positive reviews, much like Die Hard 4.

It seems that people with positive remarks on movies like these are for whatever reason not comparing and contrasting them with their predecessors, which seems highly irregular given that they share the same names. Indiana 4 pales in comparison to the others, and that is the greatest betrayal it can render.

Which is exactly why there is such a brouhaha over Fallout 3...

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 11:44.

7. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 11:23 Efflixi

Videosift is an aggregator. it will show videos (with votes and such) from many sources. Including Youtube, google video, liveleak, break, and many others. I am not sure videosift actually hosts *any* of it's own videos.

6. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 10:42 InBlack

How did you like that smarty pants kid from Indy4? LeBeuff or something equaly gay?

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 09:14 Enahs

Ok, so I never saw the latest Indiana Jones movie in theaters.
It came yesterday from NetFlix and we watched it.
Last week I had seen the South Park episode about the movie.

South Park was not joking, Spielberg and Lucas really did actually rape Indiana Jones. That was just horrible and so damn sad too. Are we not somehow allowed to form a class-action law suit against them for that movie?

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

4. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 08:03  Blue 

Hey Blue, do you have an "arrangement" with videosift? It seems as though you only link to them these days. Have a bad experience with the videos at youtube or massivejugs.com?

No, no "arrangement," even without quotes. A lot of these links are submissions, and a couple of regulars here send links to there, in particular Ant. Feel free to send links from other sites... I'll post the ones from youtube and bookmark the ones from massivejugs.com.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

3. No subject Oct 16, 2008, 07:35 strich

Hey Blue, do you have an "arrangement" with videosift? It seems as though you only link to them these days. Have a bad experience with the videos at youtube or massivejugs.com?  

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

2. Re: I prefer them broken up, Blue Oct 16, 2008, 03:20 PHJF

Or you could just not *read* sections that don't interest you, much like I ignore mobilization and consolization...  

1. I prefer them broken up, Blue Oct 16, 2008, 02:57 Cutter

Like most people reding the news, I tend to skim over things untill I find something that interests me. Huge lists are much harder to go through than several smaller ones.  

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo