Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Gears of War 2 goes gold. Oct 11, 2008, 10:46 Tumbler

Yes he did. CliffyB also known as Cliff Blezenski of Epic Games.

Cliffski is Cliff Harris of Positech Games.

...oh. I see.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Gears of War 2 goes gold. Oct 11, 2008, 06:50 aphelion

Re: Gears of War 2 goes gold. - I feel like downloading this just to boost the numbers - - I already have a preorder on the PC version and I don't own a 360.

0_o

33. Re: Gears of War 2 goes gold. Oct 10, 2008, 20:38 wallace321

I feel like downloading this just to boost the numbers - - I already have a preorder on the PC version and I don't own a 360.

32. Re: Gears of War 2 goes gold. Oct 10, 2008, 18:46 Krovven

CliffyB didn't make GoW2

Yes he did. CliffyB also known as Cliff Blezenski of Epic Games.

Cliffski is Cliff Harris of Positech Games.

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 • Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

31. Re: Gears of War 2 goes gold. Oct 10, 2008, 18:26 Tumbler

CliffyB is not cliffski

Both named Cliff but CliffyB didn't make GoW2, and I doubt he'll be that upset if it get pirated.

30. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 18:15 Kajetan

It's also worth mentioning that it's a great way to lose your Xbox Live account

Nope, it isn't. Thats the "beauty" of the current state of 360 modding.

29. Gears of War 2 goes gold. Oct 10, 2008, 18:07 MuzixMon

I hope this gets pirated for the 360 in record proportions! I hope its sooo bad CliffyB takes notice and gets sick over it.

I'm sure it won't happen, its just wishful thinking.

He can stick his GoW2 right up his ass either way!

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

28. Re: I gotta question... Oct 10, 2008, 17:53 Optimaximal

I am sure Demigod will be DRM free, or it wouldn't be published by Stardock while Brad Wardell is at the helm.

Chris Taylor made some unfortunate comments about PC gaming after Supreme Commander sold below expectations, but he is usually a guy who just sort of thinks out loud when interviewing. He is obviously on board with Wardell's anti-DRM, pro-customer stance, or he wouldn't have teamed up with Stardock.
Ahh but did they just sign up to Stardock because of the lashings of good press and the opportunity that they could possibly mould the smaller, impressionable publisher to suit their means?

I sincerely doubt Demigod will appear without some base form of protection - it's just got too much hype already.

27. No subject Oct 10, 2008, 17:03 PropheT

...Read my post a bit further down for the short rundown on "easy-as-pie softmodding", or search around to see how involved it really is.

It's also worth mentioning that it's a great way to lose your Xbox Live account, and pretty much makes that part of the console unusable without being banned from the service for modding.

26. Re: I gotta question... Oct 10, 2008, 16:54 peteham

Is upgrading one's firmware any more difficult than installing a torrent downloader or P2P program?
While it may not exactly be as hard as doing the kessel-run in less than twelve parsecs, it's indeed a lot harder than certain individuals here make it out to be.. Read my post a bit further down for the short rundown on "easy-as-pie softmodding", or search around to see how involved it really is.

And as with any sort of firmware upgrade - even original ones which are generally discouraged by the vendor unless you have a specific problem - there's a slight risk you'll brick your kit. Add that to the hassle of opening/closing a box that really wasn't designed to be opened. In fact, it's so much fun there's actually 3rd party "tool" of sorts to assist in doing it for the XBOX without making cracks in the casing

Soldering or no, compared to replacing the original executable with a cracked one like on PC? I'd say A LOT harder.

25. Fallout 3 Already Pirated On Xbox 360. Oct 10, 2008, 16:52 4D-Boxing

CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB!!!!!!!

Fallout 3 Already Pirated On Xbox 360.

CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB,CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB,CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB,CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB, CLIFFYB!!

On a Serious Note, CliffyB where are you lol!!! Maybe with this news he will decide to only release games on the system that use Cartidges! UT4 & GEARS 3 SNES!!!! CLIFFY!!!!

24. Another question... Oct 10, 2008, 16:49 The Half Elf

It seems in this day and age, every time a game is pirated before it's respective console, the media jumps all over it.
Is the media 'helping' piracy by saying 'HERE IT IS!!' In a way doesn't this sorta give even more of a 'push' (sorry for all the marks as they are the best word I can come up with at the moment) for people wanting a title, towards piracy?
Granted piracy is fairly easy to do, but it sorta got me wondering.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

23. Re: I gotta question... Oct 10, 2008, 16:32 Prez

I am sure Demigod will be DRM free, or it wouldn't be published by Stardock while Brad Wardell is at the helm.

Chris Taylor made some unfortunate comments about PC gaming after Supreme Commander sold below expectations, but he is usually a guy who just sort of thinks out loud when interviewing. He is obviously on board with Wardell's anti-DRM, pro-customer stance, or he wouldn't have teamed up with Stardock.

And another point; people always make the argument that PC piracy is more prevalent than console piracy because of the difficulty involved, citing that a mod chip needs to be soldered on the main board in order for it to play pirated games. From what I've seen, this isn't the case; it's a simple matter of firmware upgrade, is it not? Is upgrading one's firmware any more difficult than installing a torrent downloader or P2P program?

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2008, 16:33.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

22. Re: I gotta question... Oct 10, 2008, 15:54 Bhruic

SoaSE was a 4X game, not a RTS.

Of course it was a RTS. Calling it a 4x game was an interesting marketing move, but not the slightest bit accurate - 4x games aren't real time. It might have been slower paced than some of the more traditional RTS, but that's about all you can say.

21. Gears of War 2 goes gold Oct 10, 2008, 15:49 Hump

whoop-dee-doo........  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

20. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 14:51 peteham

They also do actively fight it, using various protection methods from measuring drive read speeds to ensure legit media to simple md5 hashes on assets
Not to mention the most diabolical one of them all! The infamous RROD, caused by a circuit designed to break so customers need to send their hardware in for verification while believing they're getting a warranty replacement.

You can't help but admire the mad brilliance of it all. I'd elaborate on my outrageous claims, but I have to run to another terminal before The Man has a chance to trace me.

19. Re: I gotta question... Oct 10, 2008, 14:32 Optimaximal

Could one of the reasons Sins doesn't need DRM or anything like that, be due to the type of 'niche' genre it has compared to a FPS type genre game, say like Crysis, Bioshock and Fallout 3?
One question i've posed to the Stardock champions in the past is whether GPG's Demigod, a much higher profile game than Stardock have ever published, will ship enitrely sans copy protection. Also, would GPG welcome such a move?

...Tumblers Post...
SoaSE was a 4X game, not a RTS. It was also well deserving of its $40 price because it lacked anything approaching a single player campaign. Had it even included a basic dynamic campaign vs. proper AI, it would easily be worth more. As it stands, by placing it firmly in the multiplayer realm (a place occupied by fuckwits and obsessive players who can own you in 5 seconds if you aren't on the ball) limits its audience and giving a full retail price tag would just hurt it.
That said, it didn't stop it retailing in the UK for £30!

18. Re: I gotta question... Oct 10, 2008, 14:14 Tumbler

Could one of the reasons Sins doesn't need DRM or anything like that, be due to the type of 'niche' genre it has compared to a FPS type genre game, say like Crysis, Bioshock and Fallout 3?

Serious question would like some feedback.

I don't believe so. RTS games might be less popular than a FPS shooter like Bioshock and Crysis but I don't see why people interested in playing that genre would be so different than those in the FPS genre.

I think people are people and gamers who like RTS gamers are just as honest/dishonest and gamers that like FPS.

Crysis and Bioshock had a ton more exposure so I'd expect their piracy numbers to be much higher in total than Sins, but Sins should have it's own piracy numbers that might look bad compared to their sales.

But I think they have a better product for the price. I think $39.99 for Sins is a better price than $49.99 for Crysis or Bioshock. Sins is also a multiplayer game at it's heart (in my opinion) and so to play online I think there is a hurdle there that legit owners have an easier time crossing than pirates so there might be more people willing to buy the game just to play online.

A lot of variables in my mind. But ultimately I think it's about value. I still have the game installed and try and go back and play it from time to time. I never bought crysis, but I rented bioshock and I don't find myself wanting to play either of those games today and I want to play Sins...

That's my .02

17. Re: I gotta question... Oct 10, 2008, 14:04 nin

I would agree with that.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. I gotta question... Oct 10, 2008, 13:54 The Half Elf

Serious question would like some feedback.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo