Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The new "code view" in the forums I mentioned the other day does not actually do what I described, it just is a font effect. Frans has continued his work improving the forums, now smilies can be inserted into posts by clicking them from the legend, he also implemented a hover color for links at the behest of the forum users. Also, thanks to 2, a new logo will go live a little later today in celebration of the 12th anniversary of this domain.

Quaking in your Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Super PerfectoProp.
Link: 78 Corvette Turned into a DIY Batmobile.
Stories: US debt clock runs out of digits.
Chinese Democracy Slated For Actual Release on Actual Day. Thanks nin.
Science: The Future Ruins of the Nuclear Age. Thanks Dean.
Is anybody listening out there?
Study: calm people are liberal, skittish are conservative.
Media: The Real Legend Of Zelda. NSFW.
How to not show off in an F1 car.
Follow-ups: Mars Mission in Jeopardy.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Preview Oct 11, 2008, 17:11  Xymph 

Blue/Frans: When you hit Preview Message, the subject resets back to null. Probably a simple bug, just need to carry the subject.
Good catch, I only tested that in the Edit script, not the main forums one. Fixed now.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Yay Blue! Oct 11, 2008, 09:43 Cpt.Wussie

Gratz on 12!

25. Mars Mission in Jeopardy Oct 11, 2008, 08:40 Narf2029

I can't believe something like the Mars Science Lab, so far costing $1.5 billion, is in danger of cancellation when Congress is throwing tens and even hundreds of billions of dollars around like fucking candy on anything else.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

24. Re: What the crap ... Oct 11, 2008, 00:24 WarPig

What's with all the dissin' of Netgear routers? I've used a couple of them over the last couple of years, and the only problem I've ever had is that the first one inexplicably conked out. But it was several years old, and the new model replacement works flawlessly. And it was drop-dead easy to configure.

After reading all these other posts I wasn't going to get a Netgear, but now that I've heard your story about how only half of yours have "conked out" I think I'll run out and buy one! I guess I'd better buy two though.

GO SEAHAWKS!

23. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2008, 00:09 Trashy

beigemore
I'm a very calm person and I hardly consider myself liberal. Definitely more on the conservative side.

Well you do seem a little uptight and defensive about the article.

22. Re: What the crap ... Oct 11, 2008, 00:06 Trashy

What's with all the dissin' of Netgear routers? I've used a couple of them over the last couple of years, and the only problem I've ever had is that the first one inexplicably conked out. But it was several years old, and the new model replacement works flawlessly. And it was drop-dead easy to configure.

I could fill a back of a pickup truck with all the dead or malfunctioning netgear products I've replaced since 1999 or so. It's not just routers it's, Nic cards, switches, hubs and such. Although I do service a lot of home networks.

And Also, Blue I love the new Logo.

21. What the crap ... Oct 10, 2008, 23:42 banddirector

-----------------------------------
The HD-DVD: silver medalist the most recent format war, a contest where everybody except gold is taken out back and shot through the head.
This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2008, 23:43.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

20. Re: Logo Oct 10, 2008, 21:31 xXBatmanXx

I grinned like a dumbass when I saw the Quake font again.

x2 - instant memories.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

19. No subject Oct 10, 2008, 20:27 beigemore

I'm a very calm person and I hardly consider myself liberal. Definitely more on the conservative side.

18. Blizzard the greedy bastards Oct 10, 2008, 19:44 Krovven

http://kotaku.com/5061980/starcraft-ii-single-player-is-a-trilogy

Blizzard just announced that StarCraft II's single player campaign would be split o three separate products! The scope of the single-player experience was so huge they decided to deliver three different products. The first product will focus on the Terrans, with the Zerg next and finally the Protoss. The story will stretch across all three titles.

Wings of Liberty - Terrans
Heart of the Swarm - Zerg
Legacy of the Void - Protoss

Each campaign is treated as a full-fleshed out game, with each title ending the same way. The change will allow for more characters, more missions, and more complete experiences overall.

Dawn of War 2 just started looking SOOO much better.

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

17. Study: skittish are conservative. Oct 10, 2008, 19:10 space captain

what? you mean conservatives are beset by irrational fears? surely you jest!  
Go forth, and kill!

16. Re:Router Oct 10, 2008, 19:00 WarPig

Thanks for the advise guys, I really appreciate it!

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. No subject Oct 10, 2008, 18:51 PropheT

I'm pretty fond of D-Link. They're inexpensive, they work, and I've never had one that required the constant resets and tweaking that a Linksys always seems to be plagued with. I had a Netgear for a while and while it was okay, it was definitely unremarkable.

I love the logo, Blue, brought back some memories.

14. Re: Logo Oct 10, 2008, 17:04 PHJF

Netgear is horrible, the last one I got would CLOSE THE CONNECTION if there was too much activity on it. (It would literally drop my connection when refreshing the server list in Steam). I've also had a Linksys fail barely after I had gotten it. My friend has a super cheap little D-Link and it has never given him any trouble.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Logo Oct 10, 2008, 16:45 Bucky

I'm a D-Link guy too. I've had bad experiences with Linksys and abysmal experiences with Netgear. I'm currently running a DWA-552 D-Link adapter and I'm literally an hour away from setting up the DIR-655 router. Hell, I might just do it now. I've been running on b wireless sent from a shitty Netgear router for two months now, I finally broke down and offered to upgrade my landlords network just so I could play online again.

Edit: I don't know about the other manufacturers, but D-Link adapters use Atheros chipsets--Atheros recently made their code open source so Linux support should be excellent (I'm going to find out in the next day or two, currently burning Mandriva 2009 which should have the support in there)

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2008, 16:47.

12. Logo Oct 10, 2008, 13:32 sponge

I grinned like a dumbass when I saw the Quake font again.

Blue/Frans: When you hit Preview Message, the subject resets back to null. Probably a simple bug, just need to carry the subject.

11. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 13:27 Fion

Real HL Characters 'blew my god damn mind' to quote lol. The woman they based Alyx off is beautiful. Different skin tone but remarkable. All quite amazing work.

10. No subject Oct 10, 2008, 11:38 skyguy

awesome logo blue

9. Re:Router Oct 10, 2008, 09:47 StaTik

Get a D-Link gaming router they are awesome. If will give your game traffic priority over other traffic on the network. I have a DGL-4300 and I love it.

Nice logo blue

8. Re: Real Half-Life Characters Oct 10, 2008, 08:03 nin

I always thought the character model was modeled after Michelle Forbes, the woman who did her voice. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3784743424/nm0000405

And that real life G-man guy looks as creepy as the character.

Those are all scans from the HL2: Raising The Bar book, which, if you'd like to see what inspired the game, and the art they did for it, is highly recommended...

Nice new logo there, Blue. "Blue entered the game" indeed.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo