Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Fallout 3

Following premature reports yesterday, Bethesda Softworks now officially announces that Fallout 3 is gold, and the post-apocalyptic RPG sequel is due in North America as promised (story) on October 28, in Europe on October 30 (a day earlier than previously announced), on October 30 in Australia, and on October 31 in the UK. There is now a FAQ on the Fallout Website with these release dates, details on the game, and system requirements. Here are those specifications: The minimum system calls for a 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor, Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better), and 1 GB of RAM for Windows XP and 22 GB of RAM for Windows Vista. The recommended system specs include an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series).

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

67. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2008, 20:55 Creston

Disney buys the film rights and begins filming Pirates of Somalia.

I would SO fucking watch that.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

66. No subject Oct 10, 2008, 19:22 Dev

Actually pirates are real. Speaking of actual fallout... There was a story in the news just this month about a group that hijacked an iran freighter, and within a week thier hair started falling out and sores appeared on them.
You can google it up.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2008, 19:22.

65. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 17:10 Kxmode

Pirate attacks off the coast of Somalia have risen significantly since 2004. Pirates are militarily low-tech, using assault rifles, submachine guns, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, grenades and machine guns. There are indications that some may have man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS), yet the Gulf states and their Western allies do not do enough to suppress piracy.

In other news...

Disney buys the film rights and begins filming Pirates of Somalia.

The Somalian Coast Guard retrofitted all sea vessels with Defense Rocket Munitions in an attempt to thwart piracy. Many Somalians have been crying foul saying such measure don't stop piracy.

Defense Minister Ed Stevesy showed General Ned Flanders how to use MANPADS.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
DRM needs to die... now
This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2008, 17:21.

64. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 10:34 nin

Pirate attacks off the coast of Somalia have risen significantly since 2004. Pirates are militarily low-tech, using assault rifles, submachine guns, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, grenades and machine guns.

"Stevesy, what's going on? Are those hijackers?"

"Well, out here we call them "pirates," Ned."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

63. No subject Oct 10, 2008, 09:54 KilrathiAce

Speakin of pirates...

Pirate attacks off the coast of Somalia have risen significantly since 2004. Pirates are militarily low-tech, using assault rifles, submachine guns, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, grenades and machine guns. There are indications that some may have man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS), yet the Gulf states and their Western allies do not do enough to suppress piracy.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

62. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 04:14 byrneda

Jeez - I knew Vista was memory hungry, but this is ridiculous!!!

"1 GB of RAM for Windows XP and 22 GB of RAM for Windows Vista"

:o)

61. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 00:53 Dev

PropheT:
Riiiight. I'm going to buy the non student version for thousands of dollars.

You are right that the student environment is extremely likely to be pirated, thats why the massive discount. But I don't agree that they "have" to protect it like that. First, only the students are even potentially going to pirate that version. And in reality most of the students (as well as everyone else) will just go for the full expensive pirate version and not even bother with the limited student version.
Plus, why couldn't they use a cd key? I'd much rather something check the cd key at install, rather than KEEP THE CD IN MY LAPTOP 100% of the time!

60. Re: When Bethesda comment on piracy.. Oct 10, 2008, 00:41 Jerykk

..let's hope they don't forget who cemented the popularity of the franchises they've been making serious coin on over the past few years...PC gamers.

Huh? Since when do developers have that kind of long-term memory? Last time I checked, designing a game for the PC meant you'd go out of business and your family would starve to death. Oh yeah, PC gamers are all pirates too.

59. Re: When Bethesda comment on piracy.. Oct 10, 2008, 00:22 Prez

Agreed Dwarf. I'm still in shock at how Bethesda changed. They used to make their games modular for easy plugin installation.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

58. Re: When Bethesda comment on piracy.. Oct 9, 2008, 23:28 Dwarf_Snowninja

Doubtful -_-. I'm still irked at the whole "no tools on release" crap. Likely end up waiting 6 months+ if at all for any good mods (if they do release the tools at all).

57. When Bethesda comment on piracy.. Oct 9, 2008, 22:31 Dmitri_M

..let's hope they don't forget who cemented the popularity of the franchises they've been making serious coin on over the past few years...PC gamers.
This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2008, 22:35.

56. Re: huh? Oct 9, 2008, 22:20 Kxmode

@Hellslayer

Ok the gloves come off!

Oh noes! Runs away >>> \o/

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
DRM needs to die... now

55. Re: huh? Oct 9, 2008, 21:22 Tumbler

Huh? Who said anything like this in this thread? Who made any justification at all for stealing?

No one said anything justifying pirates. When the argument ever starts leaning towards a reasonable position against piracy and against DRM someone comes onto the thread and throws in some comment saying how we're pirate's or sympathizers.

It's BS. We're not pirates. But devs/pubs are convinced that the only reason people don't like DRM is because we're pirates.

I'm honestly worried what companies will take this position in the future. If anyone from Relic is reading this, you've got my money for DoW2. Don't take this direction.

I'm extremely disappointed in Crytek/EA for putting this kind of DRM into Crysis Warhead. I don't even want to think about what it means if Relic does this. Or Valve?

Don't listen to these assholes, please. We, PC gamers, will continue to buy good games from good companies. Don't go down that path.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

54. Re: huh? Oct 9, 2008, 20:33 Prez

This constant bashing shocks me and I really am fed up with it. On one hand you guys love games and on the other hand you shoot the hand that feeds you these games. You justify stealing them and then turn around and say the games suck?

Huh? Who said anything like this in this thread? Who made any justification at all for stealing?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

53. Re: first comment Oct 9, 2008, 20:29 tuddies

DRM isn't so much for protection of IP, it is there to annoy the hell out of retail customers and keep annoying them far into the future. It fails on protection but wins on annoyance!

52. Re: Feeling used...games Oct 9, 2008, 20:26 tuddies

Big difference between $50 and $10 - somewhere in the neighborhood of $40.

So, if you wait a few months, you get a $40 discount and a patched game and you get your name taken of the beta test list!

51. Re: huh? Oct 9, 2008, 20:23 WarPig

You justify stealing them and then turn around and say the games suck?

I missed the the part where "most of you", or anyone for that matter, were justifying stealing games. Could you please quote some of the offenders?

GO SEAHAWKS!

50. Feeling used...games Oct 9, 2008, 20:21 Hyatus

Games are physical property. If original customer sells game to other customer, then when original customer wants to play it again, he needs to buy a copy. And by the way, who the hell buys used when the difference is $5(which is what most newer games have as a discount from gamestop in the first month or three).

49. Re: first comment Oct 9, 2008, 20:14 Kedyn

So where are the videos of the pirates playing the game? I don't care how they got it I want to see it in continuous action.

There's videos on Gametrailers.

48. No subject Oct 9, 2008, 20:13 PropheT

They annoyed me, a legit customer. Whereas if I had saved my $100 and just grabbed the version from the internet, I would have no problem at all.

Makes me wish I had voted with my dollars and not paid the $100.

You were already getting a deeply discounted version of the software with a student version, one where both the extreme likelihood of piracy in that market and the fact that they're barely able to recoup costs with that version anyway make it so they -have- to have the protection in place there.

You got what you paid for. If you want a version that doesn't work like the student version, you buy the non-student version. You're not entitled to it just because you spent at least something on the product.

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo