Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Red Alert 3 on Halloween

Eurogamer spoke with Electronic Arts and learned the PC edition of Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 is due on October 31. The Xbox 360 edition of the alternate-history real-time strategy game will trail that Halloween release by a couple of weeks on November 14, and they remind us that the state of a PS3 edition is up in the air at this point (story).

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 13:57 IQ

And I was looking forward to RA3 until i heard about the dms.

Mirror mirror on the wall, will there be a cracked version within 30 seconds after release? (The mirror says yes)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2008, 21:10 Darks

That may be true, but how many lost sales did they have becasue of this crap? Im betting there were a lot.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

12. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2008, 20:40 sponge

To bad this games already dead, as long as that shit ass DRM is in the game I wont be buying a copy. EA needs to wake the hell up and listen to their customers instead of pissing them off.

Bomb like Spore did? A couple THOUSAND 1 star reviews on Amazon didn't stop it from being the #1 selling item for 1 month running.

Unwarranted self-importance. It makes the world go round.

11. Re: ... Oct 9, 2008, 18:37 Jerykk

Sands Of Time was great but the games that followed have been getting progressively worse (an opinion supported by the Metacritic ranking).

Partially disagreed. I thought Warrior Within was the best of the trilogy. Combat had more depth, more enemy variety, better level design, more moves. The only bad thing was the Prince's new attitude but that's a pretty superficial issue. Gameplay > * and WW's gameplay was the best of the trilogy.

10. ... Oct 9, 2008, 18:11 theyarecomingforyou

Oh my god does UBISOFT's next prince of persia game look fucking unbelievable, finally! A different art direction in a game! AT Fucking LAST!
There's a reason why that art style hasn't been used before... it's fucking terrible. I have no idea how they could butcher the beautiful Assassin's Creed engine so badly. Sands Of Time was great but the games that followed have been getting progressively worse (an opinion supported by the Metacritic ranking).

NEway, I think RA3 looks great and the beta was enjoyable. However, EA's policy of chronic DRM and refusal to sell their games on Steam means I'll pass.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9. No subject Oct 9, 2008, 17:19 DangerDog

people not buying software they like, because of DRM? what are you afraid of? why is DRM so bad?

This form of DRM is bad because it limits the customer as to how many times you can install and play the game. Once you've used up your activations (and changing parts on your computer can use up an activation, as well as reformating your PC) you'll have to contact EA customer support for more activations, at which time they very well could just tell you to go buy another copy of the game, it's at their whim to give you more activations or not.

8. Re: I don't understand the issue with DRM Oct 9, 2008, 16:43 Darks

NobleAtreides? Did you not just read the post below yours about EAs response about the activations? Their lame excuse of a response is all I needed to read to re-justify my stance against this type of blatant policy and their lack of care and the "I donít give a shit attitude towards paying customers". 16 days to respond, that is totally fricking ridicules, so we are supposed to wait 16 or so days to get a response to your first inquiry then have to prove to them that you have not installed the game on other pcs? Give me a break! Screw EA, I will not now or ever support them as long as this type of DRM is in place. I donít have to prove shit except that I got a valid copy of the game and itís not working. EA and the other publisher can scream all they want about piracy but itís this type of crap towards paying customers that is losing those sales.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2008, 16:44.

7. Re: I don't understand the issue with DR Oct 9, 2008, 16:43 nin

people not buying software they like, because of DRM? what are you afraid of? why is DRM so bad?

Ok, where have you been lately?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. I don't understand the issue with DRM Oct 9, 2008, 16:21 NobleAtreides

5. No subject Oct 9, 2008, 14:40 DangerDog

Maybe they'll do like Spore and Crysis Warhead, generate a press release promising a utility to roll-back your own activations "at a futre date in time".

anyways, I decided to test "EA online customer support" lol and asked them a question regarding activation limits on Crysis Warhead.

Customer 09/18/2008 12:18 AM
It has come to my attention that this game has activation limits, once Iíve reached my maximum number of activations what steps are necessary to take to obtain additional activations?

Response (EARepCaine)10/04/2008 09:59 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts.

I really apologize for delay in addressing your concern. However, as per your concern you wish to get the additional activation for the game. Please note that we only provide three activation per game and you can install the game on maximum three computers using one copy. If you wish to install the game on more computers then you will need to purchase additional copy of the game.

However, if you have used all three game activations on the same PC then we may provide you additional activations only after verifying either if the game is installed on three PC's.

Should you require any further assistance, please visit our support knowledge base at www.support.ea.com for a quick reference.

Sincerely,

EARepCaine
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Not bad, only took them 16 days to respond.

So much for the 5 activations that Crytek said the game would have.

"...only after verifying either if the game is installed on three PC's."
either if the game is installed on three PC's ... or what? that the planets are aligned? that EA is still in business? that we're in a generous mood?

4. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2008, 14:20 Coolone

I've bought every single C&C game and all their addons fanatically. So its with much sadness that I won't be buying Red Alert 3 because of the DRM. I beta tested the game and liked it. But if sacrificing one of my favourite franchises is what I have to do to help get the message across, then I will.

3. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2008, 13:48 NobleAtreides

I agree that this game is not at all the same light as the original RA, RA2 was already a whole different(somewhat ok, but lost the feel of the original CNC) game, But being a diehard fan of CNC, i will have to give this a try, but in about 500 online games, I will surely quit, and destroy the gamebox et al, into oblivion. This is however the very last EA game I will ever ever purchase. Oh my god does UBISOFT's next prince of persia game look fucking unbelievable, finally! A different art direction in a game! AT Fucking LAST! Don't You ever sell your souls to EA, Ubi.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2008, 13:49.

2. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2008, 13:10 Darks

To bad this games already dead, as long as that shit ass DRM is in the game I wont be buying a copy. EA needs to wake the hell up and listen to their customers instead of pissing them off.

1. No subject Oct 9, 2008, 12:03 Optimaximal

EA in PC release preceeding console release shocker!

Shame about the SecuROM...

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo