Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC EndWar Planned?

Videogaming247 reports on the distinct possibility of a PC edition of Tom Clancy's EndWar, the voice-controlled console real-time strategy game under construction at Ubisoft. They spoke during a London event with EndWar creative director Michael de Plater, who indicated his experience on PC RTS games at Creative Assembly means the game already has roots in the PC sensibility: "In many ways, gameplay-wise, itís a modern warfare, Tom Clancy version of Total War." When asked specifically if a PC version is going to be created, he said "Yeah, there's no reason not to."

View
13. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2008, 22:36 Teddy

Weren't Tom Clancy books *always* about subterfuge and never brute military might? What's the game going to consist of, you guiding one commando unit around a druglord's hacienda looking for hostages?

The book itself is pretty mediocre. Had a delayed flight and picked it up at a bookstore in the airport to read through while I waited and while I normally enjoy Tom Clancy books, this one was... well, pretty dull.

It does, however involve larger scale conflicts than Rainbow Six and much of the Jack Ryan series so in this case, an RTS isn't really out of the question. Though I get the impression this book was written based on the game rather than the other way around, which may explain why it's lacking in depth.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 7, 11:50 No subject Frosty
  2. Oct 7, 12:00 No subject JaguarUSF
  3. Oct 7, 12:04  Re: No subject Jerykk
  4. Oct 7, 12:42 No subject Paketep
  5. Oct 7, 12:47 No subject Rainier
  6. Oct 7, 13:10 No subject Verno
  7. Oct 7, 16:54  Re: No subject Prez
  8. Oct 7, 17:05   Re: No subject Dmitri_M
  9. Oct 7, 17:16    Re: No subject Prez
  10. Oct 7, 19:09     Re: No subject PHJF