Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wrath of the Ban Hammer in Kane's Wrath

The Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Forums have word that the ban hammer has been smiting, and that over 200 accounts have been banned for various shenanigans: "These cheaters, these hackers, these people who disconnect, they are neither friend nor foe of The Brotherhood or of GDI. They are 'NOTHING' and will continue to be wiped from our society." Thanks Ant and Command and Conquer DEN.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. EA is also NOTHING to ME Oct 6, 2008, 17:25 NobleAtreides

this is why I quit playing CNC Generals and Zero Hour online, but I will get back into it once RA3 wears off it's glory give it 3-6 months. EA does nothing to attempt to fix the maphacking ability in this game, so cheating gives the player the competitive edge to climb the virtual ladder, and I've played the best of the best, and believe me, some of them are cheaters too. According to Oprah, 1 in 2.7 men cheat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: ... Oct 6, 2008, 16:34 NKD

I knew what you meant. I just mean I wish that was somehow possible

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

11. Re: ... Oct 6, 2008, 15:16 kanniballl

Anonymous Internet Gaming makes jerks.

Its a shame that the legal ramifications of displaying everyones real name, home address, phone number, and parents contact information would be too high.

Oh come now, you know what I meant.

Playing a game with somefriends, be it real-life friends at a dorm or some arranged password-protected server for some online friends, is a lot different than playing with some anonymous a-- hats on the Internet.

Usually there's some respect with friends, even when the "smack talk" is stacking up. You have some informal rules that friends follow, even if they're just common sense things like "no betrayals" or "don't log out just so the other team wins." Sure sometimes a friend (or two) will pull a prank, but it's all in good fun.

Sometimes I think Jay and Silent Bob had the right idea at the end of the "Strikes Back" film.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 15:17.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

10. Re: ... Oct 6, 2008, 13:14 NKD

Its a shame that the legal ramifications of displaying everyones real name, home address, phone number, and parents contact information would be too high.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: ... Oct 6, 2008, 12:23 kanniballl

You get banned for disconnecting? shouldn't that just be considered a loss?

That only applies to abusive disconnecting designed to gain positions unfairly; legitimate disconnects are fine.

Unfortunately on team matches sometimes people log in with a proxy (2nd account, friend, etc) just so they can wind up on the favorable end of a lopsided team match.

I recall playing some RTS (I think StarCraft) and I'd join a team map. Then 1-or-2 people from my team would drop after a couple of minutes making it very lopsided: 4vs2, 3vs2, etc. When I noticed the same name(s) doing it on another match I made a note to never join a match with them.

They were doing SOMETHING before logging out, but so little it looks like it was just for show as their attention was else-where.

Then there are people that switch sides in a gentleman's agreement of Top-of-map vs Bottom-of-map. Half-way through they'll put their guys inside your base to "help" your base while you attack your common foe, only to realize they turned off their ally flag to destroy your base while your view was elsewhere.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 12:24.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

8. ... Oct 6, 2008, 12:06 theyarecomingforyou

That only applies to abusive disconnecting designed to gain positions unfairly; legitimate disconnects are fine.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

7. No subject Oct 6, 2008, 11:26 Fausticle

RTS gaming was much better when people had to connect via IP address with no matchmaking. Back then the community was nice and all players had manners if they wanted to get into a good game. I have no problem if they have records in ladder play, because I will never play that.

In my day we got 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way we like it!.....zzZZZZZzzzzZZZZ. <snort!> Deaaaath DEAAAATH!

6. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2008, 10:42 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. No subject Oct 6, 2008, 09:39 WarPig

Oh thank you stranger, you've cleaned up our community! What is your name?

The name's Ban................ Ban Hammer.

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Re: it's funny Oct 6, 2008, 09:25 kanniballl

I've come to hate online play, at least with anonymous people from the Internet as opposed to people you know.

There are just too many douches online that ruin the experience.

I tried getting back into some classic RTS game 1-2 years ago. My "favorite" is when it's "teams" and your allies turn against you. It's one thing when they wait until your common enemy is defeated (I can live with that), it's another when they join the enemy quickly and they all just pounce on you. Then they mock you over chat and admit they're in the same dorm room or whatever.

Thanks, I'm so glad I wasted my time so you guys could get a chuckle.

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: it's funny Oct 6, 2008, 07:10 javajeff

They refuse to fix the online problem by removing records from custom games. RTS gaming was much better when people had to connect via IP address with no matchmaking. Back then the community was nice and all players had manners if they wanted to get into a good game. I have no problem if they have records in ladder play, because I will never play that. Funnel all the cheap build order exploiters into the ladder play, and problem solved.

2. Re: it's bad? Oct 6, 2008, 05:27 Cypher

Instead of "hearing" - why not trying it yourself?

It's actually excellent.

Besides, this is both TW and KW - all of C&C3.

1. it's bad? Oct 6, 2008, 05:14 Ventura

I've heard the Kane's Wrath expansion is *really* bad.

If they banned any more accounts, would there be anyone left playing?

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo