Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Previews

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2008, 07:47 Flo

It's really cool, actually. The entire campaign can be played by two players simultaneously over the Internet. If you're playing alone, the game doesn't scale down to a smaller solo-style campaign. Instead, it plugs the hole with an AI-based commander. This means that the missions have been built from the ground up with co-operation in mind,

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. No subject Oct 6, 2008, 07:32 Aero

Oooh, co-op you say? I missed that part. 2 player would be fine, 2+ would be pure heavenly delight. Me and a few friends could tear it up A-Team style.

5. RA3 Coop Oct 6, 2008, 02:58 Flo

Now that's something I guess. The entire campaign designed for Coop play? That should make some people happy.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

4. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2008, 22:37 space captain

Reading that preview, something that struck me was the few gripes about the AI and the claims by the developer that these issues will be sorted out by the time of release. I've heard it all before, and it's definitely bullshit. The AI in the preview is probably going to be the very same AI in the finished game.

Still, I'm very very excited about this game. It looks pretty damn good to me. It's supposed to come out next month, yeah?

its coming out in a few weeks, but yes - i hear you on the "unfinished" bullshit.. ive heard that so many times from devs

perhaps they mean that they are going to be putting out patches after release, as in the typical style

i read the scans of that actual PC Gamer article, and they mentioned the AI was quite good at tactical maneuvering and so on.. so either they had different versions or someone is talking bullshit

but im going to be picking this one up anyways, i love this type of genre and i want to see how this 'dynamic plot' system plays out

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2008, 22:32 the_culture

It's supposed to come out next month, yeah?

October 21st for North America.

2. No subject Oct 5, 2008, 21:11 Aero

Funny how a preview with the 'unfinished' game and a PC Games UK review of the finished game come out about the same time.

Reading that preview, something that struck me was the few gripes about the AI and the claims by the developer that these issues will be sorted out by the time of release. I've heard it all before, and it's definitely bullshit. The AI in the preview is probably going to be the very same AI in the finished game.

Still, I'm very very excited about this game. It looks pretty damn good to me. It's supposed to come out next month, yeah?

1. No subject Oct 5, 2008, 19:55 space captain

Far Cry 2 review got a 94% score in latest issue of PC Gamer UK.

But looking at how they have scored other games, it somehow seems completely meaningless.

Go forth, and kill!

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo