Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer Online Patched

Warhammer Online Website has details on a new version 1.01 of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning that's now live in the MMORPG. The first major update for the game includes fixes from previous smaller patches, and adds a few new features like auto-looting, pathing improvements, more reliable tab-targeting, and more. Thanks Massively.

View
20. Best MMO to date. Oct 3, 2008, 01:18 Paranoid Jack

I'm loving it. And though it's not perfect it's damned fun. PvE is as good as any before it. Better than most. PQs add to that. But like everyone else has stated the PvP game is over the top. When your fighting to take a Keep or defending it and there are way over a hundred PCs & NPCs in the battle it's just tremendous fun.

There are lower level instances/dungeons in the cities also. Not sure how deep they are but I've seen them briefly before running for my life.

Has anyone noticed drops are better when grouping?

At one point during a PQ with a small Warband we were getting nice drops every dozen or so kills. And since then I haven't seen the items dropping so frequently. Yeah, a lot of the stuff is class/race specific but that is the nature of any MMO.

One of WAR's best achievements is that there is so much variety in their characters. They play so differently. Not just a different race with the same spells, buffs, and combat moves like other MMOs.

I'm very much looking forward to the add-on races/classes and areas. I plan on playing this on a regular basis for quite some time.

And if you think the low level RvR stuff is fun wait until you see the variety in the upper levels. Four tiers with three different types of RvR instances plus the huge RvR battlefield all over the game-world.

This game is not for the solo minded player though it still can be fun for those who enjoy mostly solo game-play. What I mean is WAR shines when you're playing RvR/PvP in a group. The larger the better...

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 01:22.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 2, 09:46 No subject Brubold
  2. Oct 2, 10:20  Re: No subject BlueF
  3. Oct 2, 10:46 No subject Fillem
  4. Oct 2, 10:59  Re: No subject InBlack
  5. Oct 2, 11:09   Re: No subject Cutter
  6. Oct 2, 11:39 No subject PropheT
  7. Oct 2, 11:59  Re: No subject shinchan0s
  8. Oct 2, 12:05   Re: No subject Flo
  9. Oct 2, 12:55    Re: No subject Fibrocyte
  10. Oct 2, 13:14     Re: No subject kimbambaman