Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Demo

An English language demo for Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, following the recent German sample of ASCARON Entertainment's action/RPG prequel (story). Sacred 2 was recently declared gold (story), and is expected in stores soon. The demo includes one of the game's six playable characters, one of its 12 regions, several quests, and the ability to advance your character to level 10. The 1.7 GB download is available on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Soso game. Oct 5, 2008, 01:52 Ant

I played the demo for an hour. Somehow the engine got really slow sometimes. Sometimes I couldn't click on the items to pick up like an amulet. Meh. Not fun as NWN and Diablo games.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Well.. Sep 30, 2008, 18:58 Vomulus

..it was mediocre at best, I had a hard time trying not to compare it to NWN2 to which it fell short, I think I'll save my money and wait for Bioware's next IP to be released next year: Dragon Age.

16. No subject Sep 29, 2008, 22:37 Philll

The High res version is for SACRED, not SACRED 2. You are getting high res for the first game. The normal edition of S2 still has high res details in it.

15. Screw em Sep 29, 2008, 18:44 Surf

Wow, if they really are going to pull a high res version only in the CE version, then yes, the Torrents are looking mighty tempting.

I refuse to let any CE version pull shit like that. A CE version should just have more stuff inside like a real map or some figurine, maybe a making of disc.

I had to grab it from some Europe download site since File Planet and the like were maxed out.

Gonna take 8 hours....

14. Screw ém. Sep 29, 2008, 18:27 MacD

These idiots with their 'buy the CE for high rez textures'; I'm never gonna get this game, so I'm not bothering to see the demo either.

13. Re: No subject Sep 29, 2008, 18:19 Fion

The first one was good, if rough around the edges. Having played this for an hour or so, it's decent. Some big bug issues I've noticed just in that time. It'll sell decently but it's more console style then PC style and bears little resemblance to the original, beyond a few of the races.

12. No subject Sep 29, 2008, 18:02 NiteX

The game was a complete joke. Laughably bad.

11. Re: Gave it a try. Sep 29, 2008, 17:52 PHJF

You aren't as free as you should be, but I'll take what I can get.

Really, or is that a side effect of it being a demo? Sacred was rather sprawling and entirely non linear.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Gave it a try. Sep 29, 2008, 17:02 fujiJuice

Tried it for about 20 mins, seems like something fans of hack and slash gameplay will enjoy. The graphics are quite good, and the area you start in is somewhat open for exploration, atleast in my opinion more than Titan Quest, which I felt was too linear. You aren't as free as you should be, but I'll take what I can get.

I tend to get bored of this kind of gameplay, very quickly, however here it took a little longer, but it still happened.

9. Sacred Sep 29, 2008, 16:37 Vomulus

I never played the first one, and after just having seen the screenshots and read the reviews, I don't think I ever will but this one is looking pretty tasty from what I just saw on Gamespy.. it's an hour and a half download from FilePlanet, I'll post my impressions sometime later.

8. No subject Sep 29, 2008, 16:05 J

How come I'm the first to post about typos in the headline? I swear the DRMs are distracting us from the more important issues like the declining rate of typographical nit-picking

7. No subject Sep 29, 2008, 15:31 dryden555

cool but be aware that it was co-developed for the xbox360 platform.....

6. Re: Yup Sep 29, 2008, 14:39 Krovven

Too bad about the limited activation DRM though.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=91281

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 • Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

5. Re: Yup Sep 29, 2008, 14:03 Acleacius

It's certainly better than a dev that puts out a demo with starforce.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: Yup Sep 29, 2008, 13:54 Wowbagger_TIP

Cool. Surely there's someone out there who's not chained to a desk today that could download this thing and give us a quick review. I won't be able to even start the download for several more hours...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Yup Sep 29, 2008, 13:50 Surf

Thats true, because as we all painfully know, once you buy the game you cannot return it for any reason. If it doesn't work, too bad, if the game doesn't live up to the hype or lied about what it will do, too bad.

That sucks, but is somewhat understandable due to license keys and online game. However, the customer always loses here, and that isn't right. You can't even get store credit if its opened!v

2. Re: Nice Sep 29, 2008, 13:44 Ravor

Well said.

It beats having to download the whole game illegally in order to play test it before you decide if you want to buy it or not.

1. Nice Sep 29, 2008, 13:40 Surf

I always respect ANY dev that puts a demo out of their game before or at release. This to me shows confidence in their product, that they aren't trying to dupe anyone, and if you like, you go buy.

Also looks like a cool game.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo