Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2008, 08:53 deadgoon

I threw in Slap Shot this afternoon after watching my Badgers piss away a 19 point lead and lose

--just a great comedy. One of my favorite actually.

Yeah the Badgers are usually good for a laugh...

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 08:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. RIP Sep 28, 2008, 07:47 The Half Elf

Sorry to see him go.

Now I'll have to come up with a new name and PR campaign for 'Newman's Own, Newman's Nukeables'.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16. No subject Sep 28, 2008, 05:47 Hump

I threw in Slap Shot this afternoon after watching my Badgers piss away a 19 point lead and lose

just a great comedy. One of my favorite actually.

I don't see much to mourn. The guy had a fantastic career, turned out to be a great philanthropist and he made it to 83. There's no downside there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

15. Re: RIP Sep 28, 2008, 05:43 Cutter

I loved Paul Newman. Guy was my favourite actor of them all. Everything the guy touched was gold. The talent, the voice, the looks...the guy had it all. Cool Hand Luke is - IMO - the best film ever made. Every film I can think of with him in, I love, or at least enjoy. Comedy or drama, man, he could nail both. A lot of people are pretty crushed about this. Still, he had a hell of a good life and a long one at that, more than a lot of people get.
That quote from his on CNN pretty much says it all...

"You can't be as old as I am without waking up with a surprised look on your face every morning: 'Holy Christ, whaddya know - I'm still around!' It's absolutely amazing that I survived all the booze and smoking and the cars and the career."

Paul, O' Paul, we hardly knew ye.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

14. Re: RIP Sep 28, 2008, 04:56 AnarKane

I threw in Slap Shot this afternoon after watching my Badgers piss away a 19 point lead and lose. Kinda eased the pain. My only question is, what will happen with Newman-Haas Racing in the IRL?

Doesn't matter, really. Rest in peace, Paul. We'll all miss you.

"We can do this one of two ways. There's the hard way, which involves hours of discussion, tons of negotiation, half a dozen bribes, and no guarantee of success."
"What's the easy way?"
"Liberally placed high explosives."

13. Re: RIP Sep 28, 2008, 01:31 WarPig

So WarPig, what are you going to do instead of football tomorrow - - golf?

Nah, I still love watching football. Plus I'm a big-time fantasy football geek (been running the same league since 1989). Also, just today I switched to my new computer and I've still got quite a bit of setup to finish up. That, and the house is "all tore up" with computer boxes and stuff.

GO SEAHAWKS!

12. Re: RIP Sep 27, 2008, 22:15 banddirector

So WarPig, what are you going to do instead of football tomorrow - - golf?

-----------------------------------
The HD-DVD: silver medalist the most recent format war, a contest where everybody except gold is taken out back and shot through the head.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

11. Re: RIP Sep 27, 2008, 22:01 WarPig

Yeah, I don't know about you guys but I've never heard anyone say that they didn't like Paul Newman. He did make it to 83 and that's not too bad. I also think I'll whip myself up a salad with some Newman's Own Caesar Dressing and watch Cool Hand Look in his honor.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. No subject Sep 27, 2008, 21:54 xXBatmanXx

12 hour work days suck.

That is all.

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: RIP Sep 27, 2008, 21:03 Acleacius

Yeah, too bad, wish he could have given up smoking.
Would have been nice to have him around awhile longer, he was doing good work between the charities and trying to get people to eat healthier.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. No subject Sep 27, 2008, 19:57 space captain

i woke up this mornin and i got myself a beer  
Go forth, and kill!

7. RIP Sep 27, 2008, 19:32 Mr. Tact

Hard to believe he won only one oscar in his career.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: RIP Sep 27, 2008, 19:09 Vomulus

It's almost over for all of us..there is no chance to survive make your time!

5. Celebrity deaths Sep 27, 2008, 18:56 GinRummy

Seems like this has been a very bad year for celebrities dying. Lots more familiar names kicking the bucket than normal.

4. Re: RIP Sep 27, 2008, 18:25 zirik

ill be having salad with one of his dressings.

3. Re: RIP Sep 27, 2008, 16:27 PHJF

I'll cook up some of Newman's Sockarooni tonight with ground beef and spaghetti.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. RIP Sep 27, 2008, 15:28 Capella

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

1. No subject Sep 27, 2008, 14:56 Wallshadows

I will always be jealous of those blue eyes!  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo