Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Demo

A playable demo for the PC edition of Mercenaries 2: World in Flames allows you to sample the soldier of fortune lifestyle in the open-world action sequel. Word is: "Players can play an objective from one of the missions, and while they are limited to a relatively small section of the world, there's enough there for players to get a feel for the sandbox nature of the game. Additionally, we give players a customized load out of awesome vehicles and airstrikes, so that players can get a taste of the toys and destruction that combine to make Mercenaries 2 the premier explosive action game of the summer!" The download can be found on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and Games On Net.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 02:32 NKD

I rather enjoyed this game. (I played the PC version.) A few minor glitches here and there, but I logged about 120 hours over 3 runs (one with each character) and didn't run into a single game breaker. Performance was pretty decent, graphics were nothing special but were adequate.

The gameplay is simple and fun. There is a wide variety of vehicles, airstrikes, and weapons to goof around with. I find that even though some are clearly superior to the others, that I was using less powerful weapons for flavor reasons. That's always a good sign. The voice acting is great for the main characters, though the scripted responses of the enemies get a little repetitive. It's a good sized world where most everything is destructible. Don't like that skyscraper? Blow it to bits. The bridge? Blow it up. The oil rigs? blow em up! Ships at sea? Sink em!

Oh and helicopters are easy to fly in this game, unlike so many others. Probably one of the most fun vehicles if you can master dodging AA fire.

Don't let morons like Hump who have probably not even played it turn you off. Try the demo.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 02:33.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. No subject Sep 27, 2008, 00:07 Hump

how about "game in flames"

what a staggering piece of shit this turned out to be. I always thought Pandemic had their shit together but, evidently, they cashed in and went the same route as RARE....down the toilet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

5. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2008, 23:53 PropheT

I have the PS3 version, but that's a little buggy in places.

Still, it's a fun game regardless.

4. No subject Sep 26, 2008, 23:42 Verno

It's a terrible port but it's still hilariously fun. There are tons of little bugs and the control system is just awful yet you just want to keep playing somehow. It's a good game, I think it would've been amazing if they could've put serious development resources into the port.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

3. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2008, 22:56 Rainier

I'm 30% into the game and it hasnt crashed a single time.

2. No subject Sep 26, 2008, 22:56 ^mortis^

the little (1.1? iirc) patch they put out strangely fixed the problem i had with enemy ai weirdness. it's still pretty elementary, but i started playing again the other night and couldn't stop. the pedestrian and ally chatter gets old FAST, as they repeat the same 2 or 3 lines ad nauseum, but i can kinda ignore it after a while.

so, yes, it's fun...but wait and see if they release another patch, then purchase.

^m^

edit: after seeing ranier's post: it never crashed for me, either, but i recently did a clean install of the OS. also, if you're unsure about it, just grab the demo and check it out!

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 22:59.

1. No subject Sep 26, 2008, 22:25 Ludomancer

A guy at work told me this was buggier than Stalker Clear Sky. Whew! I want to check this game out because of what I heard about the first one, but still...

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo